scenes Q

If you're goal is to switch between the 2 for different tones, I wouldn't even bother with the amp X/Y route. The gap when switching scenes using X/Y amps is annoying. You'd be better off using 2 amp blocks or scene controllers. Just my opinion, of course.

That's interesting, axel. I have noticed some amps don't play well with others while some switches are seamless. I wonder what the difference is?

are you asking a question or telling us what is happening?

asking a question. I have a preset with the Bludojai lead amp (amp X) in scene 1, in scene 2, I have the Bludojai clean amp (amp Y), but the clean amp (Y) in scene 2 has no output.

Are you trying to get both amps on simultaneously?

no, I want a different amp for 2 different scenes, a clean and lead amp, X and Y.

am I better off using the different amps in 2 different amp blocks rather than the X,Y function?

asking a question. I have a preset with the Bludojai lead amp (amp X) in scene 1, in scene 2, I have the Bludojai clean amp (amp Y), but the clean amp (Y) in scene 2 has no output.

no, I want a different amp for 2 different scenes, a clean and lead amp, X and Y.

am I better off using the different amps in 2 different amp blocks rather than the X,Y function?

post the preset, we'd be able to tell almost instantly what is going on.

I use X/Y for same reason and have not had the muting problem you describe. Check your BYPASS settings on the amp block - think it's in the MIX or Advanced page. I'm not near my Axe right now....

That's interesting, axel. I have noticed some amps don't play well with others while some switches are seamless. I wonder what the difference is?

I don't know, but the "gap" is there for all amps that I've tried the X/Y method with. Unless you're pushing the CPU limit, I find (at least for me) that either assigning a scene controller to the gain parameter or using 2 separate amp blocks works best for going from clean to rhythm scenes.

nope, not the bypass thing. I figured out that the levels are so different between the amps that most of the clean amps are not even registering enough volume to show up in the mix compared to the high gain models. I am going to have to adjust my levels to make this work. thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.

nope, not the bypass thing. I figured out that the levels are so different between the amps that most of the clean amps are not even registering enough volume to show up in the mix compared to the high gain models. I am going to have to adjust my levels to make this work. thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.

Hmm, this sounds odd. What were some of the Output Level values in the Amp Block on the clean amps?

High gain amps are usually perceived as "louder" than cleans, but not so much that the cleans seem muted.

I'd still like to see a preset where it seemed muted.

Hmm, this sounds odd. What were some of the Output Level values in the Amp Block on the clean amps?

High gain amps are usually perceived as "louder" than cleans, but not so much that the cleans seem muted.

I'd still like to see a preset where it seemed muted.

yeah, I tried creating a different scene set up where I started out with a factory preset that had a clean amp and then in scene 2 I used a high gain amp (Y) and the same problem occurred, the Y amp was much quieter. it varies depending on the amp and that amps default settings but in either case I could not get the Y amp to sound as loud without it clipping.

I am not using AXE EDIT so I can't post the preset here. thanks Chris

That's the fastest way to resolution I'm afraid. You can also capture a single preset with Fractal-Bot.

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 12.05.19 PM.png

As a quick check: have you reset the AMP block (double tap BYPASS if you're not using Axe-Edit) for both the X and Y sides of the block and tried to dial them in again?

yeah, I tried creating a different scene set up where I started out with a factory preset that had a clean amp and then in scene 2 I used a high gain amp (Y) and the same problem occurred, the Y amp was much quieter. it varies depending on the amp and that amps default settings but in either case I could not get the Y amp to sound as loud without it clipping.

Again, the Y amp sounding quiet yet clipping isn't normal. Preset upload is the only way we can help diagnose further.

Here is the preset that I am working on for the scenes, it is the Bludojai Lead preset from the factory presets that I have tweaked. In scene 3 I have added the Bludojai Clean amp into the Y side but I have not made any adjustments. What say ye all Fractal wizards?

Attachments

• Bludojai Lead.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 3
The eq on the Y amp is a little weird and you had it panned all the way to left for some reason. Also you have a reverb that's not attached to any output - but it works fine as scene 3 as long as you have a controller on the wah (you don't need to switched it on in the scene if you have it set to auto-engage by the way)

thanks vinnie. I noticed that almost all of my presets, esp this one, that I have made are way hot, out 1 is clipping every time I hit the strings. must have something to do with the new FW. I will go in and turn them all down.

Back
Top Bottom