Scenes not changing as expected - solved

∞Fractals

Fractal Fanatic
Yesterday, was playing and could not get out to my lead scene ((#4) from #5) via MFC. Tried multiple times, reboot, etc.

Finally, got down on the floor and found #4 footswitch loose and actually undone. I've had loose MFC switches before but never completely unsprung.

It was late - so I left it until today and in 15 mins had the MFC off the pedalboard/case (industrial velcro), unscrewed chassis and then realized that my fat fingers aren't nibble enough to do what had to be done. So, I took out the eight circuit board screws on row one and now could access the spot to reassemble the switch. Put it all back and good to go. Easy-peasy :)

I'm posting this as an endorsement to FAS on how easy it was to fix/repair and for clean design in a rugged box. (I know sometime soon it'll go to a new owner after I get my III and FC12.)

@FractalAudio - is there any danger of damaging the switch on the PC board with height adjustment of the switch? I eyeballed it - and tested. Seems to work, but was worried about that one point.

Back
Top Bottom