Wish Scenes - IA Switch LED Indication - Green, Red, Off

James Baker

I wish assigned scene IA switches had indicators like the other stomps.

Green: present and active
Red: present and not active
Off: not present

For example, in my setup the bottom 5 switches are used for scenes. Let's say "Preset 1" has 3 scenes. Only 3 of the scene switches would have an led indicator (Green or Red obviously) and the remaining assigned scene switches would be off with no led at all.

This would probably need to have an option added to Axe-Edit as well. Something like an option for each scene to be enabled or disabled? Maybe with a simple right click menu?

Anyway, I sometimes forget how many scenes I've made for each song and this would be super helpful.

Last edited:
This makes no sense. All presets have 8 scenes. Period. Whether you use them is not relevant...

Yes that's how it works. I'm saying having the ability to narrow them down and identify them would be useful. Especially for presets per song.

Song 1 has 3 active scenes
Song 2 has 5 active scenes
Song 3 has 1 etc...

Last edited:
Further, "All presets have 8 scenes. Period."

Why did they choose 8? Why not 5? Why not 17? How many scenes are available per preset is not relevant. What IS relevant is how many scenes I've actually set up for a preset...

My IA switch 6 is compressor. The preset is not relevant. That switch remains compressor no matter what. But at least it identifies whether or not it exists in the current preset.

Wanting that same logic to apply to scenes. I know scenes are not blocks. But having some way to enable/disable individual scenes could let the preset know which scenes exists for it.

Further, "All presets have 8 scenes. Period."

Why did they choose 8? Why not 5? Why not 17? How many scenes are available per preset is not relevant. What IS relevant is how many scenes I've actually set up for a preset...

My IA switch 6 is compressor. The preset is not relevant. That switch remains compressor no matter what. But at least it identifies whether or not it exists in the current preset.

Wanting that same logic to apply to scenes. I know scenes are not blocks. But having some way to enable/disable individual scenes could let the preset know which scenes exists for it.
The problem is that there is no way to know which scenes you have "setup". All 8 are setup, whether you use them or not.

Similar wishes have been submitted before... They have all been denied.

On the other hand, it's a wish list, so wish away :)

I guess it is sort of a tandem AxeFx/MFC wish. But I will continue to wish away. :)

The problem is that there is no way to know which scenes you have "setup".

Yet.....

What I am trying to convey is ADD the ability to enable/disable individual scenes so the preset DOES KNOW which scenes exists for it. So we can have LED indication on the MFC. Or within the preset in Axe-edit for that matter.

I could see it working something like this;

Using Axe-edit as an example. When creating a new preset, your default scene is automatically chosen and active as normal. However, The remaining 7 available scenes would be "greyed out." If I want to add scene 2 I could simply right click the scene 2 button and select enable. Now the preset would know it is using 2 out of the 8 scenes.

Surely I'm not the only one who has hit a wrong "not used for this preset" scene and gone from lush clean ambience to full throttle every block on :eek:

I guess it is sort of a tandem AxeFx/MFC wish. But I will continue to wish away. :)

Yet.....

What I am trying to convey is ADD the ability to enable/disable individual scenes so the preset DOES KNOW which scenes exists for it. So we can have LED indication on the MFC. Or within the preset in Axe-edit for that matter.

I could see it working something like this;

Using Axe-edit as an example. When creating a new preset, your default scene is automatically chosen and active as normal. However, The remaining 7 available scenes would be "greyed out." If I want to add scene 2 I could simply right click the scene 2 button and select enable. Now the preset would know it is using 2 out of the 8 scenes.

Surely I'm not the only one who has hit a wrong "not used for this preset" scene and gone from lush clean ambience to full throttle every block on :eek:
Got it... And that is what I was basing my comments on.

I personally use all 8 scenes and would love more! Hitting the wrong scene is not good even when you have that scene configured!:(

Back
Top Bottom