Scenes and MIDI control

Sturla

Inspired
Would it be fairly easy to set a midicontroller which sends cc-messages to change scenes one the III?

It would be nice with a simple controller with 8 switches, and set up to change between the scenes on your chosen preset.

Been reading a few posts about 3rd party midi controllers, but they seem mostly to discuss more complex controlling.

I managed to do exactly that with my MFC and it actually was easy once I found the proper instruction (which wasn't easy)

Yes it is relatively easy. Assign a CC number to Scene select (manual p.156) eg 34 . Then make your controller send CC34 value 0 to go to scene 1, cc34 value 1 to scene 2 etc. Or assign cc number to scene increment /scene decrement and make the controller senc cc number value 127.

You will probably also want preset up / preset down on your controller.

Last edited:
In the couple months of programming and gigging the III, I prefer using the Midi Mapping feature to select both presets and scenes simultaneously. That way, my footcontroller PC's only call up III presets and scenes that I use (and keep the III from loading a preset and then switching scenes). It may seem like more programming (e.g. setting the Midi Map), but greatly simplifies the "library" available via footcontrol, which I prefer for live use. You can still call scenes up via CC as well.

joe

Yes it is relatively easy. Assign a CC number to Scene select (manual p.156) eg 34 . Then make your controller send CC34 value 0 to go to scene 1, cc43 value 1 to scene 2 etc. Or assign cc number to scene increment /scene decrement and make the controller senc cc number value 127.

You will probably also want preset up / preset down on your controller.

Of course in the quote above @martijne was using 34 as the example CC number for scene changes, so the second entry would read cc34 (instead of cc43) value 1 for Scene 2 and so on. Hope that helps anyone new to this.

Lee

I use the FCB1010. I have it so I have buttons 1-4 set up as my scene controllers that toggle between scenes 1 and 5 (button 1), 2 and 6 (button 2), etc. It's extremely easy to set up - and works like a charm.

I use the FCB1010. I have it so I have buttons 1-4 set up as my scene controllers that toggle between scenes 1 and 5 (button 1), 2 and 6 (button 2), etc. It's extremely easy to set up - and works like a charm.
Hey, I got the FCB and trying to program it. I got the programs to change but am hoping to have the ability to scenes (1-5) as you have noted above. For someone that has spent a bit of time on setting it up and did not find it easy, any videos or resources you can point me to that will help to create greater ease. Greatly appreciate any help.

Would it be fairly easy to set a midicontroller which sends cc-messages to change scenes one the III?

It would be nice with a simple controller with 8 switches, and set up to change between the scenes on your chosen preset.

Been reading a few posts about 3rd party midi controllers, but they seem mostly to discuss more complex controlling.

It would be fairly easy. Just use CC 34 with value 0-7 to select the scene. One problem that would occur is that the according led of the button would stay ON once a scene is select.
Example: you have button 1-5 setup as Scene 1-5.
If you press button 1: scene 1 is selected and led 1 is ON
If you press button 2: scene 2 is selected and led 2 is ON, but led 1 is also ON.

Of course my MC-10 can handle scene select ;)

Selected Scene would turn off all other scene-leds. Even better, it would load the Scene name

Back
Top Bottom