Scenes and instant access effects on same preset?

Puppylazyman

Hi There, first time post.

I have set up a preset with FS 1-4 as scenes (used to send midi info to 4 different channels of amps) and FS 5-8 as instant access effects. Unfortunately when selecting the separate amps using FS 1-4, it shuts off the instant access effects. For example, I would like to be able to keep my drive (FS-8) ON while I switch between channel 1 of my amp (scene 1, FS1) to channel 2 of my amp (FS2).
When I have tried this, the instant access effects have not remained ON, independently of the scenes. Is there a way to do this?

no. Scenes save the state of all blocks. that's a fundamental part of Scenes.

blocks cannot be independent of Scene changes at this time. you might want to use a MIDI block instead to change amp channels, rather than changing Scenes.

Thanks Chris! That fundimental rule definitely clarifies. I tried to use the midi blocks first and ran into another problem.

There are only 2 MIDI channel blocks and I have 4 channels of amps to switch between. So if I set up MIDI block 1 as PC2 (on) and PC1 (off), and MIDI block 2 as PC4 (on) and PC3 (off) I can access all four amp channels (PC 1,2,3,4). Unfortunately it sends convoluted midi info as both blocks can be ON at the same time and don't cancel previous midi data between the two blocks. For example - The amp is default on Channel 1 (PC1)
-I push MIDI block 1 (sending midi info PC2)
-amp changes to channel 2
-I push MIDI block 2 (sending midi info PC3)
-amp changes to channel 3

If I want to go back to channel 2, I have to turn block 2 off which triggers channel 4 of the amp, then double click block 1 to get back to channel 2!

Is there a better way to easily access all four amps and a couple of effects!?

Thanks again,

Thanks Chris! That fundimental rule definitely clarifies. I tried to use the midi blocks first and ran into another problem.

There are only 2 MIDI channel blocks and I have 4 channels of amps to switch between. So if I set up MIDI block 1 as PC2 (on) and PC1 (off), and MIDI block 2 as PC4 (on) and PC3 (off) I can access all four amp channels (PC 1,2,3,4). Unfortunately it sends convoluted midi info as both blocks can be ON at the same time and don't cancel previous midi data between the two blocks. For example - The amp is default on Channel 1 (PC1)
-I push MIDI block 1 (sending midi info PC2)
-amp changes to channel 2
-I push MIDI block 2 (sending midi info PC3)
-amp changes to channel 3

If I want to go back to channel 2, I have to turn block 2 off which triggers channel 4 of the amp, then double click block 1 to get back to channel 2!

Is there a better way to easily access all four amps and a couple of effects!?

Thanks again,
Scenes primary function is to turn on/off multiple blocks at the same time. sending a midi command is a secondary feature.

can you design all 8 Scenes to go to the amp channel you want and have the effects you want at the same time too?

it has been a wish since Scenes were introduced on the Axe-Fx II back in 2012 to have blocks "ignore" Scenes, so they can just stay on or off regardless of what the Scene is controlling. it is difficult to implement, and we haven't seen it yet.

so some combination of Midi Blocks or Scene changes will have to work out for what you're doing. or use a separate device to change amp channels.

The only remotely possible workaround I can think of is turning Scene Revert off in Settings > I/O. This will keep changes made to effects in a scene when changing to another scene and going back to it. For example; with Scene Revert off, once the Drive is turned on in Scene 2, it will remain on in Scene 2 until it's turned off again. This would mean planning ahead, knowing which effects you'll need the next time you use a particular scene.

Back
Top Bottom