Scenes and downloaded presets

ejviruet

Inspired
Is it possible to use one preset for a scene and a downloaded preset from Axechange as it is without the need to enter the parameters manually? Like just dropping the downloaded preset in scene 2, that is different from the base preset. If this is not possible the it could be a suggestion for future Updates.

If I have got the question correct I would say no.

Lets say your preset with scene 1 has a Vox type amp and a delay, now you download a preset I have made with a Plexi and a flanger and you want to make that scene 2 of your first preset, this would not work as it is a different preset with differing things on the grid.

My preset would have to have the same things on the grid within the same layout for this to have a chance to work. All a scene is like a rig is a set of states within it, e.g. It's the same rig with differing on/off states and parameters. So similar in a virtual rig on the grid the equipment needs to be the same. A different type of "rig" would be a different preset.

It would be an interesting possibility for the future perhaps in the new Axe Edit, to take the same preset, tweak parameters and save to a different scene, the next step would be for me to share my preset with another, who tweaks it without altering the kit on the grid, who in turn shares it, and I could then save it into my original preset in a scene of choice. But the kit on the grid would have to be the same otherwise it's a different preset.

Is this currently at the time of writing possible for the scenario above, I believe not.

Scenes only save the Engage/Bypass state of blocks in a preset, X/Y status and a few Level parameters. Even if you could "download a preset to Scene 2" it would possibly change all of the blocks in that preset.

Presets are different combinations of blocks and settings (or possibly the same).

But is it possible to download the preset, store it and then copy the blocks into the preset with scenes?
Hope I made myself understood. :)

Basically the "Block Layout" is the Same from Scene to Scene. So they would need Identical Layouts to accomplish this.
If you like another Preset you can load it somewhere in the Axe and use the Recall Effect Feature.
Press the Recall Button and Page over (1 - I think) to the Effect Page and you can Recall settings from other Presets.
You would have to recall each effect/drive etc one by one, but it is pretty simple.
This is a very useful feature that I just recently realized was there thanks to someone on the forum.

Basically the "Block Layout" is the Same from Scene to Scene. So they would need Identical Layouts to accomplish this.
If you like another Preset you can load it somewhere in the Axe and use the Recall Effect Feature.
Press the Recall Button and Page over (1 - I think) to the Effect Page and you can Recall settings from other Presets.
You would have to recall each effect/drive etc one by one, but it is pretty simple.
This is a very useful feature that I just recently realized was there thanks to someone on the forum.
Yes, thats what I thought too. :)

Back
Top Bottom