Scene volume increase and decrease functionality

new to the AX8, on my previous Axe FX II I was able to assign any of the footswitches to be a global volume increase/decrease in which that specific scene's output volume would be adjustable on the fly and also instantly saved. Each increase was by a db for each click.

Does this function exist in the AX8? If so...how do I go about gettin'er done?

the built-in switches can't perform that function at this time. you must use external switches in the Pedal Port, or send MIDI messages if you want to do that.

Just wondering why this would be desirable? In a live context this would be nothing short of a nightmare for the sound guy...

Just wondering why this would be desirable? In a live context this would be nothing short of a nightmare for the sound guy...
I would not use this live on a gig either, but it is real handy for leveling new preset scenes with the band at practice so you do not have to stop playing bend over and adjust levels.

Greetings,

FYI, I programmed the single expression pedal I had laying around (for my Nord Electro 2 organ volume) to lower the output volume of my first "do everything" patch for two reasons:
  1. In case any scenes end up being too loud in context
  2. Should I have the need to turn down my volume during rehearsal, either to play while others are talking or to match what's being rehearsed at a lower volume (or to match different recording levels of what I might practice to on my own)
The core of my previous guitar rig was a Vox ToneLab and I did the same thing with the right expression pedal there too--and I've leveraged this capability quite often over the years. I only wish I could find a method to be able to use the same functionality to boost the output level when needed, while still keeping the default reference output the same when engaging each preset.

All the best,

Alan

are there any quick step by steps to get this working? I'm a bit lost trying to get the FS-7 working with the AX8..

EDIT: Nevermind! figured it out, 2 mono cables into 2 of the pedal outs, as opposed to the one stereo cable into one pedal out fixed all this!

and this function is not only useful for levelling out scene volumes in different room environments or when creating new patches and trying them out, but also very useful for live shows during soundcheck. I see it as a necessary aid to actually HELP the sound guy.

Last edited:
Sorry to bring this up again
But after weeks of using this FS-7 and doing the scene vol increase/decrese stuff I've come to notice that there's quite a bit of lag or latency with the response.

EG: As soon as I hit volume up or down, the guitar signal will sort of stutter (very audible) and then the volume will change.

On my older AXE FX II, it was seamless so I could keep playing my parts and click in a volume increase or decrease with no worries. But with this, it's so noticable I can't even play the part as the stutter is VERY audible.

Just wondering if this is normal with using external controllers or if I've set this up wrong.

But after weeks of using this FS-7 and doing the scene vol increase/decrese stuff I've come to notice that there's quite a bit of lag or latency with the response.

EG: As soon as I hit volume up or down, the guitar signal will sort of stutter (very audible) and then the volume will change.

On my older AXE FX II, it was seamless so I could keep playing my parts and click in a volume increase or decrease with no worries. But with this, it's so noticable I can't even play the part as the stutter is VERY audible.

Just wondering if this is normal with using external controllers or if I've set this up wrong.
Because the AX8 is not as powerful as the AxeFX, it takes a little longer to save a preset, hence the audio drop out. Volume Inc/Decr is meant to be some thing done rarely to adjust the overall output of the Preset.

Please let me ask you more detail because I would like to achieve similar function to what you achieve.
Which configuration are you using in order to increase or decrease the scene volumn?
Are you using "OUT 1 VOL INCR, OUT 1 VOL DECR" in I/O CONTROLLERS page with setting it to "PEDAL"?
If so, I think you just control the output1, right?
It does not affect output2...
I just wanted to confirm how you can do this.

Thanks.

Please let me ask you more detail because I would like to achieve similar function to what you achieve.
Which configuration are you using in order to increase or decrease the scene volumn?
Are you using "OUT 1 VOL INCR, OUT 1 VOL DECR" in I/O CONTROLLERS page with setting it to "PEDAL"?
If so, I think you just control the output1, right?
It does not affect output2...
I just wanted to confirm how you can do this.

Thanks.

Hi Mokkie,
Yes you got it. Set to pedal 1/2/3/4 whichever out. And then set the pedal config to latch. My outputs are summed/copied to be the same as I only use one out at anytime, for simplicity's sake.

Back
Top Bottom