Scene Toggling

I like the idea of being able to toggle back to the previous scene. So say you hit scene 4 for lead, hit it again to go back to crunch. This way you don't have to look at your pedal board coming out of a lead.
This is the way that I have been thinking too. I like the new FS switching options a lot but I think that they have a lot further to go. My add to this would be also to get the same effect if the FS was set to a Preset. Hit the switch go to a lead sound somewhere else BUT still hit the same sw to return to your rhythm sound.

Another thought, if you hold the scene switch down for a length of time it turns into momentary mode and switches back to previous scene when released. This would be great for quick lead fills. Much easier than stomping two different switches.
As per my previous post. This is almost the same idea and is a very good one. Having a rhythm sound set and then pressing a sw to either take you to another preset for lead or it being a momentary sw is the way to go!

andI understand the
the way i would use use it is as follows:
S1 - clean, S2 - clean lead
S3 - Crunch - S4 Crunch Lead
S5 - Dirty - S6 Dirty Lead

so each basic sound has a toggle version with more volume, reverb. etc etc - it's a really useful way to set up a patch if you cover a lot of ground

I understand that scenario. However, setting up switches is a very personal thing. Switching pre-fixed pairs (such as 3/4) wouldn't make any sense in my workflow. Switching configurable pairs wouldn't either. But if it gets implemented: good for you! :)

Backtracking (as it's called on the MFC) makes much more sense to me. I use this on my controller all the time with my Axe-Fx, to return to the previous preset.

andI understand the

I understand that scenario. However, setting up switches is a very personal thing. Switching pre-fixed pairs (such as 3/4) wouldn't make any sense in my workflow. Switching configurable pairs wouldn't either. But if it gets implemented: good for you! :)

Backtracking (as it's called on the MFC) makes much more sense to me. I use this on my controller all the time with my Axe-Fx, to return to the previous preset.
Could you please explain "Backtracking" as this possibly what I was trying, poorly, to allude to.

It's like what are describing in post 21. Hit a Preset Switch to recall a preset, hit that same preset again to recall the previous preset.

It's an optional setting on the MFC. The MFC doesn't support "backtracking" to a specific scene within the previous preset though. It's always scene 1.

Great if backtracking could be applied to scenes on the FX8 and AX8.

Yep. That's pretty much the way I'd like it to work. Have some scenes mainly for rhythm sounds with 1 or 2 switches that can take you away to a couple of lead presets & the same switch puts you right back where you were!

This is the way that I have been thinking too. I like the new FS switching options a lot but I think that they have a lot further to go. My add to this would be also to get the same effect if the FS was set to a Preset. Hit the switch go to a lead sound somewhere else BUT still hit the same sw to return to your rhythm sound.
YES, YES, YES!

. . . setting up switches is a very personal thing. Switching pre-fixed pairs (such as 3/4) wouldn't make any sense in my workflow. Switching configurable pairs wouldn't either.

I agree completely. In a perfect world, I'd say give us both: user select-able toggling AND backtracking (at the scene level). I could work with each of them. Why should it be just this way or that way? Make it both. The point is to give the user the freedom to set up their switching scheme the way THEY want, because it IS a personal thing. Anything that lets the user get the most out of the FX8 switches for their particular needs is a good thing IMHO. ;o)

And yes, I'm getting along fine without the implementation of all these great suggestions. As has been mentioned though, this could go a lot of useful, interesting places, and I hope Fractal goes for it.

Back
Top Bottom