FM3 Edit: 1.01.03

To replicate issue in FM3 Edit:

1) Change to preset 000 (59 Baseguy) and select Scene 1
2) Select the SCENES Layout and make sure Show Edits ON FM3 is selected
3) Change Button 1 to Scene Toggle with Primary Scene 1 / Secondary Scene 2
4) Set Mini-Display Label to 'Current Name'
5) Change Button 2 to Scene Toggle with Primary Scene 3 / Secondary Scene 4
6) Set Mini-Display Label to 'Current Name'

Now, buttons one and two will both show 'Crunch' as the the scene name. I would expect the behavior should be to show 'Drive' for button two.

When toggling Scenes with FM3 Foot Switch 1, the Scene names for Scene 1 and 2 are changed on both FM3 mini displays for switch 1 and 2.
When toggling Scenes with FM3 Foot Switch 2, the Scene names for Scene 3 and 4 are changed on both FM3 mini displays for switch 1 and 2.

Same issue occurs when using 'Current #' instead of 'Current Name'

Not a bug. This has been discussed in another thread.

There's only ever one current scene. Therefore, any label set to display current scene will show THE current scene.

Ok Thanks! I thought it was current scene in relation to the scenes being toggled. Is there a way to do that?
I think that's what is confusing some people - there is no such thing as "relative current".

I think what you're hoping for is for the switch for the currently assigned scene to show the scene you're on and the other switches to show the destination scene (where they'd take you if you pressed one).

Ok Thanks! I thought it was current scene in relation to the scenes being toggled. Is there a way to do that?
No. We discussed in depth in that other thread. The switches don’t designate “current” data, just whatever scene is loaded currently. It would have to be a change to how the switches work, which I think may be more difficult to do than it seems.

What people want is a mix of current and destination scenes on all switches. Show current if a switch happens to have that scene on it, show destination if not. I don’t think the switch logic takes what is programmed on the switches into consideration - that’s the part that seems difficult to add.

...and this is why I’m no fan of the “current scene” / “current preset” options. They were added by user request, but they just tend to confuse people.

Last edited:
...and this is why I’m no fan I’d the “current scene” / “current preset” options. They were added by user request, but they just tend to confuse people.
Agreed. Very confusing and not sure what a good use case for this would even be.

this may just be a case of someone wishing for something without too much detail, and it was implemented. but due to lack of detail, the implementation isn't actually what was desired. it happens from time to time.

this is why i and others ask for more details or mention the current possibilities to really hash out the wish and make sure it's understood - either from an "it can already do that" stand point or just getting the specifics down. often we are told we are just badgering the wish maker and to just let it be, but without the right details, what happened here can happen again. we all want to make the gear better. i personally have no reason to badger anyone over a wish. just want to get the right info in the threads for the devs to understand fully.

...and this is why I’m no fan I’d the “current scene” / “current preset” options. They were added by user request, but they just tend to confuse people.

Yeah, but one of the guys who requested them has more Grammys than I probably have fingers, and does a lot of good word of mouth for us. I respect that, and I totally understand the desire for this option, which works exactly as intended.

Reactions: Rex
Yeah, but one of the guys who requested them has more Grammys than I probably have fingers, and does a lot of good word of mouth for us. I respect that, and I totally understand the desire for this option, which works exactly as intended.
Curious, did they say how they use this? Just asking as maybe it’s something that could benefit others.

Curious, did they say how they use this? Just asking as maybe it’s something that could benefit others.
There are situations where it can be useful. For instance, if you set up a footswitch that toggles between two states, you can know at a glance which state you're in.

There are situations where it can be useful. For instance, if you set up a footswitch that toggles between two states, you can know at a glance which state you're in.
this. the current implementation works for 1 switch with Scenes. it's not the best with multiple switches with different Scenes.

Back
Top Bottom