[implemented] Scene Toggle last scene

Bumping this again for good measure! All variants -- last preset, last scene, last layout, they're all useful. When you choose a switch action for presets, scenes, or layouts, one of the options should just be Previous (or Last) Preset/Scene/Layout. Count me in!

I got my AXE-III and FC-12 in December and this wish is VERY HIGH on my list. Agree with previous posts that this would make gigging MUCH easier. Not a Hold function; 2nd tap (regardless of time duration) on the same Scene button (and Preset button too, while we’re at it) returns to the previous selection. +1 (and then some!). Keep this thread alive!

My old Digitech GSP-21 had this feature and it was VERY handy.
The Digitech 2112/2120 worked that way too, although there were no scenes, so you were toggling between presets instead of scenes, but it was happening without moving your foot.

@unix-guy Great ask! I had forgotten that I was surprised to find this missing when I moved to Fractal. I hadn't thought about it in a while.

+1 for 2nd Press Trigger
+1 for Previous Scene Function
+1 for Selectable Debounce Time

The Boss GT (10 to 1000) series had the "Current Number" function (basically 2nd press). It could be set up similar to the FC Hold functions. I would use it to give boosts for leads mainly. I found this feature easier to use than the hold function on the FC units. Strange the Boss units never had a previous Preset (they didn't have scenes) function for the 2nd press though.

I mention the Boss units because it might be nice if the 2nd press of the FC units could have all the same operations as the Hold Function... Including previous Scene. This could give users 2 powerful modifiers per scene. Personally I would use mainly the 2nd Tap over the Hold most of the time. Might continue to use hold for Looper and Tuner.

I guess my suggestion for implementation would be as such:
HOLD
  • Catagory: Scene
  • Function: Select
  • Scene: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Previous
2nd Tap
- Category: All the same functionality as Hold.
  • Function: All the same functionality as Hold.
  • Parameters... All the same functionality as Hold.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Feature very much used on the Digitech Control One footcontroller to go back and forth between patches. For scenes I don't see that much the use or maybe as a hold function for FM3 where scene switching can sometimes be a bit more complicated.

Back
Top Bottom