• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Scene switching using an FM3 ?

tnjazz

Maybe a weird question, and no I’m not in the wrong forum…;)

I have my old FX8 set up in my rack in a drawer and wired into my home studio setup. I kinda want options for switching scenes without having to open the drawer all the time and I have an FM3 as my main FX floor pedal, mainly because I’m using the amp channel switching per scene for my amps in the room and I have what I consider to be a somewhat convoluted routing scene going on that the FM3 can’t handle on its own.

How do I use the FM3 to change only the scenes within the current preset on the FX8? I’ve set up a MIDI block on a preset to send PC messages per scene on the FM3 and I’ve connected the FM3 to the FX8 MIDI in.

It’s currently switching presets when I send PC 1-4 from the FM3 rather than changing the scenes like it’s programmed to do when I use the FX8 by itself. I haven’t found the setting yet (if there in fact is one…)

Can anyone help?

mr_fender

Axe-Master
Send CC messages from the FM3 instead of PC messages. CC#34 values zero through 7 will select scenes 1 through 8 respectively by default on the FX8.

Top Bottom