Scene switching live

spv

Inspired
I am trying to streamline the process of scene switching live, and wondering if folks have suggestions to that end.

Under my current setup, I use song mode with a bank size of 5 and mostly switch presets to change sounds within songs. For some presets, I use scenes inside of songs and make those changes in "reveal" mode.

Ideally, I'd avoid having to make the switch to "reveal" and back, but don't want to repurpose 5 IA switches for that.

I thought perhaps connecting a small midi controller to the MFC-101 and configuring that could work - have a Disaster Area Designs DMC-8 but I'm not sure it is flexible enough (and the documentation is not helping me out a lot here!).

Any creative solutions? Anyone try this with a separate midi controller? Anyone familiar with the DMC-8?

Thanks much!

I dont use an MFC but a RJM GT16. It has a concept of a default page, so each preset i have it go to the main page, and i have a button to take me to the preset page which is all presets. On my main page i have 3 scene buttons and the rest are IA's for effects and one button to take me to the presets page.

By the way that link was from an old post four years old so you would want to check the control numbers in the unit and go from there in case they have changed.

And of course you would need the manual to the controller that you want to use to switch scenes

i use scenes 1-5 in revel mode, i use song/set and each song is a preset and i have 5 different scenes and can put whatever i want in them clean, rhytum,backwards delay, solo 1 rev,solo 2long delay or whatever i just preset up to go to the next song and that can be a keyboard sound ,and 3 different guitar sounds, i dont find myself needing more than 5 different sounds per song,if you needed more sounds you could just switch to the next preset and have 5 more scenes

Back
Top Bottom