Scene set up with two Amps

I am trying to set up some different sounds and effects to use in my Scenes, but when I add a second Amp for the clean tone, it works fine for that in Scene 2 - where I have it set up, but back in Scene 1, where I only want my distorted sound, the clean amp is bypassed, but i can still hear it along with my distorted tone. I am using two different Amps, and it is a Tone Match patch, so there is no Cab - if that makes a difference. Any ideas on what is happening or what I may be doing wrong here?

Do you have the bypass mode set to "Mute" for the two amps?
I only "double-clicked" on the block to bypass the clean amp for my distortion Scene, I didn't do anything else to muted the clean amp, but the clean tone is still present with the distortion tone.

Set the bypass mode to mute for whichever amp is not in use
If the tone match works for your clean tone and dirty tone you are good to go but I would imagine you may need to think about a cab block for whichever sound is not built around the tone match.

here's a sweetener for scene3

in front of your distorted amp, place a vol block [bypass=thru]
the vol block is only active in scene3 with the distorted amp
if your amp is hi-gain, make the vol block reduce some of the level to a crunchy tone
alternatively, if your amp is crunchy, set the vol block to give a huge boost [10dB or more] and now you have a higher gain soloing tone..
so you're getting two tones with one distorted amp...

you can also do the same trick [scene4] with your clean amp..
set another vol block in front of that with a big boost so your clean amp becomes an "aggressive clean"

2 amps providing 4 tones..

Back
Top Bottom