Scene Revert does not exit Tuner mode

merlin17

Power User
I have my AXE II configured for Scene Revert (not Preset Revert) on reselecting a patch on my MFC, but if I have the tuner engaged hitting the switch for the patch again will NOT get me out of tuner mode, and the tuner then is NO LONGER shown on the MFC - only on the AXE itself. Because I let the tuner mute the output I'm getting no tone until I select another patch or re-enter tuner-mode and exit tuner-mode on the MFC. This is confusing and got me into trouble at my gig yesterday again.
So please make reseleting a patch or a scene on the MFC exit the tuner...

And if you first try it with the patch button you have to first enter tuner mode (because the MFC is already out of tuner mode) and then exit it with the tuner button.
Or switch to another patch and then to the wanted patch again.

You wrote reselect...that means that you want to select the same preset that you were on once again? I guess that' s not working. You get to the programed alternative preset then or -when you didn't define alternative presets- the MFC sends the PC command once again but you have the setting ignore redundant pcs enabled?
Solution: To get away from tuner mode step again on the IA where you engaged it.

I have my AXE II configured for Scene Revert (not Preset Revert) on reselecting a patch on my MFC, but if I have the tuner engaged hitting the switch for the patch again will NOT get me out of tuner mode, and the tuner then is NO LONGER shown on the MFC - only on the AXE itself. Because I let the tuner mute the output I'm getting no tone until I select another patch or re-enter tuner-mode and exit tuner-mode on the MFC. This is confusing and got me into trouble at my gig yesterday again.

I use the 5 preset mode and I have the same issue you described. This behavior began with V 13. I have always updated to the latest drivers, MFC updates & Axe -fx updates.

Although I know this as an "issue" (an issue for me), there have been numerous occasions when I look at the mfc and it appears that I am out of tuner mode. The drummer clicks us in and then there is the tap dance to figure out what is wrong.

I also ask "...please make reseleting a patch or a scene on the MFC exit the tuner..."

You wrote reselect...that means that you want to select the same preset that you were on once again? I guess that' s not working. You get to the programed alternative preset then or -when you didn't define alternative presets- the MFC sends the PC command once again but you have the setting ignore redundant pcs enabled?
Solution: To get away from tuner mode step again on the IA where you engaged it.

It does work when I set the AXE to re-recall the patch, but I have it configured to re-recall the scene (yes, that's possible and does not cause the same lag that the re-recalling of the patch would cause), no alternate preset on the MFC configured.
And the "solution" is the problem in live situations, even more because the Tuner is no longer shown on the MFC (which makes one think it is off when it isn't).

It does work when I set the AXE to re-recall the patch, but I have it configured to re-recall the scene (yes, that's possible and does not cause the same lag that the re-recalling of the patch would cause), no alternate preset on the MFC configured.
And the "solution" is the problem in live situations, even more because the Tuner is no longer shown on the MFC (which makes one think it is off when it isn't).

That's odd, it should go back to the preset when you step on the IA again. Something setup wrong with that IA? On/off values right?

It does go back to the preset, but the tuner is left on (on the AXE, not shown on the MFC). That's my whole point. Try it...

Funny. On the axe people want to hit the tuner button 2x. On the MFC they want to hit anything else haha

Is there Actually a thing called Preset Revert? Or do you just mean when Scene Revert is off?

Back
Top Bottom