Implemented Scene revert amp channels

Thanks for getting back to me! Sorry for the delay on this. I wanted to update everything before I sent it along. All of my stuff is up to date, and it's still happening. For example, hit scene 3 of my preset, turn on a bunch of effects like delay, reverb, phaser, etc, and ALSO change the amp channel. When I hit scene 3 again, it turns off all of the effects that I previously turned on, but the amp channel stays the same way. Even if I change scenes, and then go back to scene 3, scene 3 has the incorrect amp channel. The only way to get it back to normal is by selecting the same preset all over again, and then everything returns to normal.
huh. interesting. i do experience what you say, but it's not consistent for me.

Scene 1 Amp A
Scene 2 Amp A

if i change S1 to Amp B, then go to S2, then back to S1, the first time or so i do this, the amp does revert, but interestingly the Name of the amp in the top portion of edit and the top left of the Amp edit screen on hardware still says the wrong amp. it's playing the right amp, and in the list on both edit and hardware, the right amp is chosen.

if i start from the saved preset again, change S1 to Amp B, then change to S2 and change that to Amp B, going back to S1, the FC light shows Amp A, but the sound is the Amp B, and the lists/displays are as i described above.

something is not right here. i'll submit a bug report tonight about this. it definitely used to work correctly and the way you desire it to. the Amp should revert as you explained.

i do not experience this at all on the FM3, but i'll try again just to confirm.

what's supposed to happen is if you change channels in a Scene using foot controllers or midi - like an FC or a midi controller or the on-board switches on an FM3 - the channel should NOT "save" with that Scene, and the Revert should put it back to what originally was there.

if you change it in EDIT or on the Layout screen though, it will "save" with the Scene, as that's how you build the Scenes.

i tried with your preset as well as mine. this must have changed at some point, but i don't think it was intended.

let me look through release notes and maybe flash some older firmware to see if i can figure out when it changed.

huh. interesting. i do experience what you say, but it's not consistent for me.

Scene 1 Amp A
Scene 2 Amp A

if i change S1 to Amp B, then go to S2, then back to S1, the first time or so i do this, the amp does revert, but interestingly the Name of the amp in the top portion of edit and the top left of the Amp edit screen on hardware still says the wrong amp. it's playing the right amp, and in the list on both edit and hardware, the right amp is chosen.

if i start from the saved preset again, change S1 to Amp B, then change to S2 and change that to Amp B, going back to S1, the FC light shows Amp A, but the sound is the Amp B, and the lists/displays are as i described above.

something is not right here. i'll submit a bug report tonight about this. it definitely used to work correctly and the way you desire it to. the Amp should revert as you explained.

i do not experience this at all on the FM3, but i'll try again just to confirm.

what's supposed to happen is if you change channels in a Scene using foot controllers or midi - like an FC or a midi controller or the on-board switches on an FM3 - the channel should NOT "save" with that Scene, and the Revert should put it back to what originally was there.

if you change it in EDIT or on the Layout screen though, it will "save" with the Scene, as that's how you build the Scenes.

i tried with your preset as well as mine. this must have changed at some point, but i don't think it was intended.

let me look through release notes and maybe flash some older firmware to see if i can figure out when it changed.

Thanks, Chris! I really appreciate it! For what it's worth, I've been having this problem since v5 on the axe fx iii. I noticed it there, then I updated to v11 (quite some time in between updates haha) and still noticed it on v11 which I believe is the version I was on when I originally wrote this post, and then, after resurrecting this thread, I updated to v12.07 to confirm that that didn't fix it either, so I don't know what's going on.

I'd be curious to hear if this happens on the FM3 as well. Also, I wasn't sure if being plugged into axe edit would cause it to act funny, so I tested without axe edit, unplugging the axe fx iii from my computer, and then refreshing the preset, and it still happens that way. I'm using the FC12 to do all of my switching.

I've also noticed that sometimes, it DOES work, but usually the first or second attempt, and then after that, it never works and stays buggy.

Thanks, Chris! I really appreciate it! For what it's worth, I've been having this problem since v5 on the axe fx iii. I noticed it there, then I updated to v11 (quite some time in between updates haha) and still noticed it on v11 which I believe is the version I was on when I originally wrote this post, and then, after resurrecting this thread, I updated to v12.07 to confirm that that didn't fix it either, so I don't know what's going on.

I'd be curious to hear if this happens on the FM3 as well. Also, I wasn't sure if being plugged into axe edit would cause it to act funny, so I tested without axe edit, unplugging the axe fx iii from my computer, and then refreshing the preset, and it still happens that way. I'm using the FC12 to do all of my switching.

I've also noticed that sometimes, it DOES work, but usually the first or second attempt, and then after that, it never works and stays buggy.
It doesn’t happen on the FM3. I submitted a bug report for what we’ve both experienced. I too see it work correctly at first sometimes, but then it does what we described. Hmm FW5 showed this... maybe I will flash back and try to pinpoint when it started.

This will be solved in the future I’m sure. Personally I don’t change channels manually during a gig situation so I never came across it.

It doesn’t happen on the FM3. I submitted a bug report for what we’ve both experienced. I too see it work correctly at first sometimes, but then it does what we described. Hmm FW5 showed this... maybe I will flash back and try to pinpoint when it started.

This will be solved in the future I’m sure. Personally I don’t change channels manually during a gig situation so I never came across it.

Got ya! Thanks so, so much, Chris! I really appreciate it! This is a very useful feature for me in church during flow moments because you never know where the Holy Spirit leads you, so you gotta be on your toes. It also helps me in moments where I play in wedding bands because set lists change on the fly in the band I play in depending on the dance floor, so these two things really keep me on my toes! Thanks again for looking into this, Chris! I really do appreciate it!!!

God bless!

Mike.

Hey everyone! So, I still seem to be having an issue with scene revert and amp channel switching. Every effect I use works properly and changes back, but the amps are the only thing that won't revert properly.

Two Strange things happen and I will try to break it down as simple as I can:

Scenario 1:

Scene 1 uses Amp channel A
Change Amp channel to C
Scene 2
Back to Scene 1 - Stays on Amp channel C which becomes Original Amp channel A
Have to hit channel A then channel C for everything to reset properly

Scenario Two:

Scene 1 uses Amp channel A
Change Amp channel to C
Scene 3 (which uses Amp channel C)
Back to Scene 1 - Scene 1 and Scene 3 now both use Amp channel C

I'm on the latest Cygnus firmware with the latest beta 12, BUT, this hasn't worked properly for me since this post was created. It only happens with the amps and nothing else. Everything is updated; axe edit, FC 12, etc. I'm plugged into my computer with axe edit open, but am using only the FC to change everything.

What does this mean?

Are you saying it's on Channel C but the settings are the ones from Channel A?

Are you seeing this on both Axe-Edit and the front panel?
It means that when I switch back to Scene 1, the selected Amp channel still stays at C, but it's the correct amp tone, which should be channel A. Does that make sense? This situation is difficult to explain haha

Whichever amp channel I switch to in a scene, if I hit the same scene again, it won't revert the amp. Furthermore, if I switch right to a scene that uses the same amp that I switched to, those two scenes get all screwed up and never revert properly. They either use the same amp, or if I switch to another scene totally different from the other two (let's say 2), and then switch back to scenes 1 and 3 (the original offenders), the amp might change, but it stays the same for both scenes when they should have different amps. All of it is super weird and only happens with amps.

It means that when I switch back to Scene 1, the selected Amp channel still stays at C, but it's the correct amp tone, which should be channel A. Does that make sense? This situation is difficult to explain haha

Whichever amp channel I switch to in a scene, if I hit the same scene again, it won't revert the amp. Furthermore, if I switch right to a scene that uses the same amp that I switched to, those two scenes get all screwed up and never revert properly. They either use the same amp, or if I switch to another scene totally different from the other two (let's say 2), and then switch back to scenes 1 and 3 (the original offenders), the amp might change, but it stays the same for both scenes when they should have different amps. All of it is super weird and only happens with amps.
Ok... The first case sounds like just a display issue...

But can you confirm my question about Axe-Edit vs front panel?

Also, what's your CPU level?

Ok... The first case sounds like just a display issue...

But can you confirm my question about Axe-Edit vs front panel?

Also, what's your CPU level?
I just checked the front panel and it matches what Axe Edit says. So, if I change scene 1 amp to channel C, then select scene 3 (which uses channel C), if I switch back to scene 1, the amp stays the same as scene 3. I can toggle back and forth and it always stays the same. If I select scene 2 which uses a different amp than both, I can then select scene three and it works as normal. If I select scene one after that, the amp stays the same as scene three. If I select scene 2, and go back to scene 1 from scene 2, scene 1 goes back to the normal clean amp. However, if I just to scene 3 from scene 1, scene three's amp will be clean and the same model as scene one, when it should be a dirty amp on a different channel. So depending on what order I switch scenes will change the behavior of the scene I initially changed. Does that make sense? I know, kinda confusing haha

As for CPU, I'm floating around the 45-50% usage area.

Is this happening on all presets?

I'm wondering if you've got a corrupt preset?

Confirming that Axe-Edit and front panel match is good.

Also, how are you changing scenes? I believe the Revert only applies when changing via an external device like FC-12 or midi controller... Not Axe-Edit and maybe not front panel. I can't remember for sure.

I would encourage you to open a support case with Fractal.

Back
Top Bottom