Implemented Scene revert amp channels

Thenewexhibit

Experienced
I noticed that scene revert works on everything BUT amp channels (at least with everything I’ve tested effects and channels wise). I would love it if that could work like everything else regarding scene revert. There are times when I go into a sort of “pedalboard/manual” mode with the FC12 within a scene to switch things on the fly like I would my pedalbaord, and then the quick fix to turn everything off with one button is hitting the scene button to revert. It’s too hard to predict how to program everything on a scene since all of that type of stuff is on the fly/in the moment type stuff.

I would love it if amp channels followed scene revert. :)

If that is truly the case then it's a bug.

Scene Revert returns the scene to it's saved state.

If that is truly the case then it's a bug.

Scene Revert returns the scene to it's saved state.
That's what I assumed too, but I had inquired with Fractal about it, and it was said that this is expected behavior which I found a little strange, as I still feel like it's a bug since everything else reverts channels and effects wise except for amp channels.

I noticed that scene revert works on everything BUT amp channels (at least with everything I’ve tested effects and channels wise). I would love it if that could work like everything else regarding scene revert. There are times when I go into a sort of “pedalboard/manual” mode with the FC12 within a scene to switch things on the fly like I would my pedalbaord, and then the quick fix to turn everything off with one button is hitting the scene button to revert. It’s too hard to predict how to program everything on a scene since all of that type of stuff is on the fly/in the moment type stuff.

I would love it if amp channels followed scene revert. :)
so you're in Scene 2 for example, manually change the Amp channel, then hit the Scene 2 button again (while still on Scene 2) and the Amp channel doesn't change back to what was saved?

if so just as a test, if you change to a completely differerent scene, then back to 2, does the amp channel then change back to what was saved?

i haven't experienced what you described, but i don't change channels directly too often.

so you're in Scene 2 for example, manually change the Amp channel, then hit the Scene 2 button again (while still on Scene 2) and the Amp channel doesn't change back to what was saved?

if so just as a test, if you change to a completely differerent scene, then back to 2, does the amp channel then change back to what was saved?

i haven't experienced what you described, but i don't change channels directly too often.
So, keeping in mind that all changing is done on the FC12 and using your examples, if I change the amp channel on Scene 2, then hit the Scene 2 button again, it does not change the amp back to what it should be.
Furthermore, if I switch to a completely different scene, and then back to Scene 2, the amp channel is still the same as what I previously changed it to, and not what it's supposed to be. The only way the amp channels will truly revert is if I switch Presets back and forth, and then hit Scene 2. This only happens with amp channels.

So, keeping in mind that all changing is done on the FC12 and using your examples, if I change the amp channel on Scene 2, then hit the Scene 2 button again, it does not change the amp back to what it should be.
Furthermore, if I switch to a completely different scene, and then back to Scene 2, the amp channel is still the same as what I previously changed it to, and not what it's supposed to be. The only way the amp channels will truly revert is if I switch Presets back and forth, and then hit Scene 2. This only happens with amp channels.
Hmm I don’t recall that being intended behavior. @FractalAudio ?

Tested this with the FC-6 as well as with a RJM MIDI controller, and Scene Revert works just like it should.

I switched to scene 1, manually changed the channel in the Amp block from A to B, switched to scene 2 and back to scene 1 again, and the amp channel in scene 1 was set to A (stored state). This is how it is supposed to work when SCENE REVERT is set to ON in Setup > Midi/Remote.

Note that it only works this way when switching scenes remotely. As long as you switch scenes on the III itself, Scene Revert is ignored.

Tested this with the FC-6 as well as with a RJM MIDI controller, and Scene Revert works just like it should.

I switched to scene 1, manually changed the channel in the Amp block from A to B, switched to scene 2 and back to scene 1 again, and the amp channel in scene was set to A (stored state). This is how it is supposed to work when SCENE REVERT is set to ON in Setup > Midi/Remote.

Note that it only works this way when switching scenes remotely. As long as you switch scenes on the III itself, Scene Revert is ignored.
Thanks for testing this out! So, you're saying everything is working as the concept of what scene revert is, and you're achieving successful results with an FC-6 and an RJM MIDI controller? This is what you mean by remotely, correct? For clarification, I do have scene revert set to ON in setup > midi/remote.

I can't remember now if I did this with the FC-12 while axe edit was open or closed, so I'll have to retest... But, does having the axe fx hooked up to a computer and having axe edit open (wether open OR paused) change the behavior of this function in any way even though I'm using the FC-12 to do the switching?

I can’t recall if AE was active when testing. It should not matter. Make sure to run below 80% (preset CPU), because AE’s screen starts to lag visually at high CPU levels.

Yes, remotely means using a MIDI controller or FC.

Thanks for testing this out! So, you're saying everything is working as the concept of what scene revert is, and you're achieving successful results with an FC-6 and an RJM MIDI controller? This is what you mean by remotely, correct? For clarification, I do have scene revert set to ON in setup > midi/remote.

I can't remember now if I did this with the FC-12 while axe edit was open or closed, so I'll have to retest... But, does having the axe fx hooked up to a computer and having axe edit open (wether open OR paused) change the behavior of this function in any way even though I'm using the FC-12 to do the switching?
in my memory, it shouldn’t. i don’t recall it working the way you described, but i’ll have to test when i return home from namm. unless someone here has an axe3 and fc and i can bother them haha.

Man I didn't think about that, that's a lot quicker than continually hitting channel reset. Build a bunch of channels with default amp settings, save preset, tweak away and just change scenes to reset to default

I can’t recall if AE was active when testing. It should not matter. Make sure to run below 80% (preset CPU), because AE’s screen starts to lag visually at high CPU levels.

Yes, remotely means using a MIDI controller or FC.
Got ya! I had spoken with Mark Day about this, and he had said that it seems to be the intended behavior and was able to mimic this. If I misunderstand what he had told me, I apologize to you, Mark, good sir! But, I believe he said he was able to replicate what I was going through.

Hey, Everyone! Resurrecting an old thread here... I am still having the same issues with scene revert regarding channel switching with amps. I see the word in green next to my post "Implemented". Does this mean this got updated to work properly? I'm admittedly not up to date with my versions. I will try that next, but in case an update doesn't work (which I'm about to do right now), I wanted to get the ball rolling, as my scene reverts work with everything except amp channels when switching channels of an amp on any scene.

Hey, Everyone! Resurrecting an old thread here... I am still having the same issues with scene revert regarding channel switching with amps. I see the word in green next to my post "Implemented". Does this mean this got updated to work properly? I'm admittedly not up to date with my versions. I will try that next, but in case an update doesn't work (which I'm about to do right now), I wanted to get the ball rolling, as my scene reverts work with everything except amp channels when switching channels of an amp on any scene.

Please upload a preset where this is happening so we can check. I don’t recall this ever being a known bug.

Please upload a preset where this is happening so we can check. I don’t recall this ever being a known bug.

Thanks for getting back to me! Sorry for the delay on this. I wanted to update everything before I sent it along. All of my stuff is up to date, and it's still happening. For example, hit scene 3 of my preset, turn on a bunch of effects like delay, reverb, phaser, etc, and ALSO change the amp channel. When I hit scene 3 again, it turns off all of the effects that I previously turned on, but the amp channel stays the same way. Even if I change scenes, and then go back to scene 3, scene 3 has the incorrect amp channel. The only way to get it back to normal is by selecting the same preset all over again, and then everything returns to normal.

EDIT: Just checked again. Changing amp channels on a scene and then selecting that same exact scene to revert back to it is super buggy with this setup for some reason. It never goes back how it should.

Attachments

• Scene Revert Amp Channel Test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom