Scene/preset switching latency?

Sorry, don't know how else to word the title without it sounding like click bait.

I'm surprised nobody has raved about the instant switching on the III yet.

What are people's thoughts? Is it that good?

Is it absolutely instantaneous?

Sorry, don't know how else to word the title without it sounding like click bait.

The search function is your friend. Asked an answered a lot.

Ok.

So I searched for ''axe FX III latency" and "axe FX III switching", neither of which yield anything related to what I'm asking.

Any suggestions of what to search for?

Edit: neither does "axe FX III change presets"

Search for 'switching' with the author as FractalAudio. There is an mp3. It's also seamless if you use two amp blocks in the same preset.

Are you talking about switching between presets? Has that improved?

Here's a clip I recorded and posted last week for someone over at The Gear Page who asked for a sample holding a chord and switching presets while the chord is sustaining. This is switching between factory preset 10 and 11.

The channel switching in this video doesn't seem to match Cliff's earlier description. Maybe something changed between then and now.

Waveform taken from same video, selected area is 35 ms:

RpAiLAc.png

It looks like the full ramp down, gap, ramp up takes about 70-80 ms. That's about the same as your preset switching clip.

My comment was based on the image posted by @Bakerman. My understanding was the same as yours, but the image from the wav file seems to indicate otherwise. Regardless, the switching is awesome as far as I am concerned, but I never had a problem with it in the AX8.

Back
Top Bottom