Scene parameters?

Jackp

Inspired
Hey guys this has probably been
Discussed before
When changing a parameter in one scene does it change the same parameter on the other scenes
Like changing the delay time or feedback
Is the changes done with modifiers ?
Thanks I can’t stop playing this Ax Fx3

Last edited:
The changes are per scene. You can change parameters, blocks etc. per scene. Make your edits and save per scene.

Changes to a block’s settings stay the same regardless of scene. You can select a block’s A B C or D channel per scene though. If you mean the scene controller in the controllers tab, those indicate what the parameters will be set to for a given scene. So say you use scene modifier 1 for amp gain. For scene 1 you have it set to 20% scene 2 40% and scene 3 70%. As you step through the scenes, the gain will increase, all while using only 1 amp block and channel. It’s very handy when you start mixing it with input trim and all that. Check out Moke’s Clean to mean packs for great and creative uses of the scene controllers to dial in various gain amounts per scene.

Changes to a block’s settings stay the same regardless of scene. You can select a block’s A B C or D channel per scene though. If you mean the scene controller in the controllers tab, those indicate what the parameters will be set to for a given scene. So say you use scene modifier 1 for amp gain. For scene 1 you have it set to 20% scene 2 40% and scene 3 70%. As you step through the scenes, the gain will increase, all while using only 1 amp block and channel. It’s very handy when you start mixing it with input trim and all that. Check out Moke’s Clean to mean packs for great and creative uses of the scene controllers to dial in various gain amounts per scene.
Thanks a million guys
Gregg Summers has a tutorial about scenes and modifiers also
Checking out Moke’s Clean To Mean packs
I’m understanding it now
This Ax Fx3 is off the chart amazing

The changes are per scene. You can change parameters, blocks etc. per scene. Make your edits and save per scene.
It's already been covered, but just in case you hadn't planned on returning to this thread, no, scenes DO NOT record parameter changes ;)

but just in case you hadn't planned on returning to this thread,

Thanks. But considering a parameter is a value of a particular variable I would wonder about that. I can change the gain to 4 on scene 1, 6 on scene 2 etc.

If you are defining it differently so be it. For me a parameter(s) of a block are the various settings available within a block i.e. block variables.

Thanks. But considering a parameter is a value of a particular variable I would wonder about that. I can change the gain to 4 on scene 1, 6 on scene 2 etc.

If you are defining it differently so be it. For me a parameter(s) of a block are the various settings available within a block i.e. block variables.
Scenes cannot save different parameter settings of a specific block and channel. Whatever the parameter is set to in the block on a specific channel will be the same from scene to scene. Scenes control the on/off state and channels of blocks within the preset. If different gain levels, or any other parameter changes, are needed for different scenes, Scene controllers or different channel(s) of the block(s) would need to be used.

Page 42 of the manual:
"WHAT SCENES DO NOT INCLUDE...
In short? Everything else. Scenes only affect the items listed above. Scenes cannot change which blocks are placed on the grid, or change the grid routing. You cannot tweak effect parameters per Scene (except through Scene Controllers), but remember, you can switch Channels."

No this is all wrong.

A parameter is any “thing you can change in a block.” This could be bass, drive, mix, level, etc. any knob or setting in any block is a parameter.

You can NOT have parameters set differently per Scene. You can’t set drive to 2 in Scene 1, and then set to 4.5 in Scene 2.

Scenes only change block Channel and On/Off. (A few other minor settings can change but that’s the main concept.)

If you use a special function called Scene Controllers, which is a type of controller like LFO, Sequencer, External controller, then you can change things per Scene in a limited way.

But no, in general you don’t change values or parameters per Scene. You can change channels and make those have different parameters, but it works because you’re changing channels, not changing Scenes.

I have an older video with a thorough explanation describing how channels and scenes came to be over time. Knowing why a feature was developed helps to understand why it works the way it does. Also an older video on the basics of Scene Controllers.

A Block = 4 Channels (Yes?).

Can I change a parameter on my block for various scenes?

Yes. I can use the same block and change Channel A parameters for Scene 1, Channel D for scene 4 and so on. I can use 2 amp blocks and never leave a preset with enough parameters to last a long time. I made a broad statement of the flexibility within the Axe to change parameters within a block (which consists of 4 channels). I never said parameters within a channel.. If you want to elaborate then do so.

Last edited:
A Block = 4 Channels (Yes?).

Can I change a parameter on my block for various scenes?

Yes. I can use the same block and change Channel A parameters for Scene 1, Channel D for scene 4 and so on. I can use 2 amp blocks and never leave a preset with enough parameters to last a long time. I made a broad statement of the flexibility within the Axe to change parameters within a block (which consists of 4 channels). I never said parameters within a channel.. If you want to elaborate then do so.
That’s very misleading, and still a bit inaccurate. The parameters are still changing because of Channels, not really because of Scenes primarily.

It’s like saying the bank paid for your groceries, when you mean you took cash out of the bank and then paid with cash yourself. The bank didn’t really pay. You did.

The question was “can Scenes change parameters” and you said “yes” without explaining how. This misleads to the intuitive thought of change Scenes, change parameters, change Scenes, change parameters. Which is not true. You need to use Channels.

It’s like saying the bank paid for your groceries, when you mean you took cash out of the bank and then paid with cash yourself. The bank didn’t really pay. You did.

He could have charged it on his credit card and it would actually be uncollateralized debt to the bank. :D

I feel like @bshaw92 is more interested in proving himself right using semantics than being accurate; dude we're just trying to make sure future readers understand what is and isn't covered with scene changes - and individual parameters absolutely are not. Perhaps you have the same effect on different channels in different scenes, which may give the illusion that parameters are scene-dependent. That's definitely one way to do it (ie, use Tone of Kings on 2 channels in two scenes with varying levels of gain).

It's all good - We all still love you :D We're only trying to help.

Thanks a million guys
Gregg Summers has a tutorial about scenes and modifiers also
Checking out Moke’s Clean To Mean packs
I’m understanding it now
This Ax Fx3 is off the chart amazing

Thanks for the mention. I just want to clarify that I don't have those 'Clean to Mean' packs available for the Axe-Fx III. It didn't seem necessary with the Axe-Fx III channels function. It's much easier to setup a preset with different gain levels throughout the scenes using channels.

I didn't think that there would be much need for it?? Their only advantage is that they are completely gap-less. Channels switching is pretty fast, but there is still a gap.

'FracTool' conversions should work if you already had them and upgraded to the Axe-Fx III?

Last edited:
Scenes can change block channels and/or block bypass state. Channels can change block parameters. Right?
There are usually 4 channels. Each channel can have different settings. I prefer phrasing it that way, not that they “change parameters.”

Thanks for the mention. I just want to clarify that I don't have those 'Clean to Mean' packs available for the Axe-Fx III. It didn't seem necessary with the Axe-Fx III channels function. It's much easier to setup a preset with different gain levels throughout the scenes using channels.

I didn't think that there would be much need for it?? Their only advantage is that they are completely gap-less. Channels switching is pretty fast, but there is still a gap.

'FracTool' conversions should work if you already had them and upgraded to the Axe-Fx III?
Ah, my mistake. The clean to mean pack is great. I used those patches for 90% of my sounds on the II.

there are 8 scenes in every preset; but every time I make a change, its reflected in all the scenes. I'd like individual scene changes to be possible. is there a way to do that? Not talking about block bypassing, I want to change parameters to recall wile performing.

there are 8 scenes in every preset; but every time I make a change, its reflected in all the scenes. I'd like individual scene changes to be possible. is there a way to do that? Not talking about block bypassing, I want to change parameters to recall wile performing.
That’s not what Scenes do. Read the owners manual. It explains this.

Or read this thread that you posted in...

Back
Top Bottom