Scene Naming

Muso4142

Hi, Does anyone know if you can name each individual scene?

Also can you navigate from 1 preset with scene's to the next preset with scene's without having to switch scene's off (Top right button) then go to your next preset, then switch scene's back on? (Hope you understand!)

Thanks

You can't name scenes. It's a frequently requested feature.

You can't turn off scene. If you don't select a scene, or when you change preset, you are using scene 1.

You cannot name scenes.

If you want access to the scene switches at all times, move them to another row.

Thanks for the reply Johan & Yek.

Maybe what I wrote isnt clear. As an example i'm using preset 1 with scene's & I want to go to preset 12 with scene's. At present I press top right to exit scene's in to presets then navigate to preset 12 & finally switch top right scene's back on. My problem is I keep forgetting to switch scene's back on & in the middle of a song I change what i think is scene 1 to scene 3, but really i've changed from preset 12 to 14!!!!!! ha ha.

So can I stay in scene's and then move from preset 1 to 12 for example? (This removing the likelihood of me forgetting to switch scene's back on!) :-|

How would you change presets if the switches change scenes?

Watch my MFC initial setup video to learn how to change what the switches control.

http://katsukurimedia.selz.com

You are using Reveal mode, there is no "Scenes" mode.

Thanks Chris,

How... That is why i'm asking, incase there is a way... you never know :)

I will check out your video as your others are always well thought out.

Apologies for my incorrect terminology, not one for absorbing all information.

\m/

Thanks for the reply Johan & Yek.

Maybe what I wrote isnt clear. As an example i'm using preset 1 with scene's & I want to go to preset 12 with scene's. At present I press top right to exit scene's in to presets then navigate to preset 12 & finally switch top right scene's back on. My problem is I keep forgetting to switch scene's back on & in the middle of a song I change what i think is scene 1 to scene 3, but really i've changed from preset 12 to 14!!!!!! ha ha.

So can I stay in scene's and then move from preset 1 to 12 for example? (This removing the likelihood of me forgetting to switch scene's back on!) :-|

Yeah, like Yek said - you would have to move the scene selectors to another row. If you search the forum for a mod how to move the preset selectors to row 2 or 3, that's another alternative but will require you to open the MFC so probably not something you want to do until warranty has expired.

Switch the cables, your headaches will be over. Either that or wait for an MFC firmware upgrade that supports scenes on the 1st row (without using reveal).

reclavea says it best- this is how I use 'em. But I also use an external switch, which has Scenes 1-4 on 'em, then my bottom MFC row carries 5-8. Rest of the switches control most used FX. Works great.

^^ this is my solution as well. All of my songs I'm able to play with only changing scenes. I have
my MFC set to increment banks by one. So when I press preset UP it moves up one preset. Same thing
when I press down. I have then set IA switches 1-5 for Scenes 1-5. The remaining IA switches I have
directly linked to various effects. If you required more than 5 scenes a preset you can assign whatever
else. I use this because I NEVER have to switch presets mid-song.

I use this because I NEVER have to switch presets mid-song.
My setup is with 4 Boss FS-5U switches along the bottom of my MFC.
Switches #1&2 adjust volume up by 1db/click, switches #3&4 advance/decrease the scene position by 1/click.

I love the way scenes work and I love their integration, my request for scenes would be, I dunno, at minimum maybe a '#x' over on the right display of the MFC display where x is the current scene. Maybe setup the MFC to alternate flashes over the matching numbered switch to correspond to current scene selection: 'longred-shortgreen-shortred-shortgreen-longred' to (for example) show that the effect for that switch is 'off' and maybe long green-shortred-shortgreen-shortred-longgreen' to show that the effect is...that suddenly got way too complicated...maybe just a quick alternating colored double flash every couple of seconds over the numbered switch to show which scene number is active?

Switch the cables, your headaches will be over. Either that or wait for an MFC firmware upgrade that supports scenes on the 1st row (without using reveal).
You can set the number of preset switches to 0 on the MFC. This is basicly a permanent reveal mode. You can then use bank up and down to switch presets and hardcode the presets on the upper two MFC rows via MIDI PC#.

+1 for the original question/wish. Always forget which scene I intended to be to what (me and my band often neglects the 'standard template' of songwriting and songparts). As for scenes/presets I've setup my control to be kind of both at once. PC# 1 - 100 normal presets, PC# 101 - 108 scene selection within any of the presets. PC# 109 - 127 unused at the moment (planning them for other special cases). This is possible with any normal foot controller + event processor plus (midisolutions). Love that little gadget...

How do you guys remember which scene is which? If you use a lot a presets with scenes it seems impossible for me to remember how I have programmed the scenes. Without seeing it in Axe Edit I am lost. That's one of the reasons why I don't use scenes that often anymore lately. Do you have some logical system for this?

How do you guys remember which scene is which? If you use a lot a presets with scenes it seems impossible for me to remember how I have programmed the scenes. Without seeing it in Axe Edit I am lost. That's one of the reasons why I don't use scenes that often anymore lately. Do you have some logical system for this?

The Liquid Foot line of Midi controllers, allows you to name the scenes individually, on a song by song basis.

If you assign IA slots to scene control, you can name them on a preset by preset basis. So, you tie the 8 IA slots for scenes 1 through 8 to nicknames 1 through 8.

So if you have Song 1, in your set list recall Axe FX preset 34, you can name the scenes on the Liquid Foot system, INTRO, VERSE, Chorus, BRIDGE, SOLO, Outro.

On the next song 2, if you are the type of guy that just has basic sounds, you could reuse preset 34 again in the Axe FX, but this time name the scenes, Giraffe, Elephant, Gopher, Possum, Unicorn.

If you are in "SONG 1" on your set, you'll get the standard scene names, and if you advance to song 2 in your set, you'll get the animal names. In both cases, you are using preset 34 on the Axe, and getting the same sounds, but named however you like, that makes sense to you.

Sometimes I name mine by song structure, like Verse, Chorus, Solo. Other times I enter a short word, maybe the first word in the next section of the song, like MIGHTY, or BECAUSE, and when I hear that lyric, I step on that button.

Reactions: yek
The Liquid Foot line of Midi controllers, allows you to name the scenes individually, on a song by song basis.

If you assign IA slots to scene control, you can name them on a preset by preset basis. So, you tie the 8 IA slots for scenes 1 through 8 to nicknames 1 through 8.

So if you have Song 1, in your set list recall Axe FX preset 34, you can name the scenes on the Liquid Foot system, INTRO, VERSE, Chorus, BRIDGE, SOLO, Outro.

On the next song 2, if you are the type of guy that just has basic sounds, you could reuse preset 34 again in the Axe FX, but this time name the scenes, Giraffe, Elephant, Gopher, Possum, Unicorn.

If you are in "SONG 1" on your set, you'll get the standard scene names, and if you advance to song 2 in your set, you'll get the animal names. In both cases, you are using preset 34 on the Axe, and getting the same sounds, but named however you like, that makes sense to you.

Sometimes I name mine by song structure, like Verse, Chorus, Solo. Other times I enter a short word, maybe the first word in the next section of the song, like MIGHTY, or BECAUSE, and when I hear that lyric, I step on that button.

I love this feature, it work like a charm.

I set the scenes up the same on each preset. Scene one is base tone, scene two has extra drive, scene three is atmospherics such as chorus/flange, and scene 4 is "lead", usually with boost and ducked delay.

You can set the number of preset switches to 0 on the MFC. This is basicly a permanent reveal mode. You can then use bank up and down to switch presets and hardcode the presets on the upper two MFC rows via MIDI PC#.

Using this method, wouldn't you have to hit the bank up/down button numerous times to go from preset 1 to preset 5 (for example)? If so, I prefer the cable swap approach.

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom