Wish Scene naming on the AX8 screen.

DTS

Experienced
It would be helpfull to have a option to name scenes and the AX8 screen would show them, when you are in the Scene changing mode.

I have my AX8 to show presets on the screen. When i change the Scene change function ON, the screen stays on the presets view.

When i go to looper mode the AX8 screen shows the looper functions and that is great! I wish, that Scene function screen would look something similar.

My hope is that the next update won't be something along the lines of "improved power amp modeling in the Mexico-manufactured 5150 to account for variation in ripple currents present at post-inverter resistors R139/R140."

Requests like this (scene names) or indicators to note which controls are present on the actual amp are sorely needed and would greatly improve the experience for ALL users. IMHO, of course.

This request is specifically that the AX implements "an option to name scenes" and that the "AX8 screen would show them" ... does FracPad allow you to name scenes and display them on the AX8 screen?

This request is specifically that the AX implements "an option to name scenes" and that the "AX8 screen would show them" ... does FracPad allow you to name scenes and display them on the AX8 screen?
No but it allows you to name scenes and display them on an iPad by example, or on your phone

Bumping this up to the top.

Scene naming or labels is a no-brainer guys. Something as simple as a three-character label would be of huge benefit. By the looks of the Axe-Fx III, aren’t factory presets grouped together as scenes for each amp model type?

For example, “CLN,” “RTM,” or “LED” for “Clean,” “rhythm,” and “lead” would suffice, even for the size of screen on the AX8. Instead of “CS1,” for a control switch for a reverb or delay hold, you could label it “HLD.”

I’m no expert, but this shouldn’t be too hard to integrate into the firmware and AX8-Edit software.

I’m no expert, but this shouldn’t be too hard to integrate into the firmware and AX8-Edit software.
with my limited knowledge as to how programming works, i know they'd have to create memory space for 8 slots (the FS page display) for all 512 presets. that's 4096 new things that need to be made.

even though it's just 3 letters, having it store and recall those is a big change from how it works currently. if it's custom lettering, it'd have to have that renaming interface built as well. maybe it's simple compared to modeling an amp, but it seems to be very involved to me *shrug*

It’d be nice though :)

Last edited:
even though it's just 3 letters, having it store and recall those is a big change from how it works currently. if it's custom lettering, it'd have to have that renaming interface built as well. maybe it's simple compared to modeling an amp, but it seems to be very involved to me *shrug*

It’d be nice though :)

I agree. At the moment there are only few bitmaps to store. Custom names would require an entire font and a menue to dial in names. Not to forget to change the footswitch menue to allow showing the function plus the custom name for every switch.

Back
Top Bottom