Closed Scene mode, LED 'active' scene and Dimmed 'inactive but loaded' scenes / 2 different color LEDs with each scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.
originally stemming from this post of mine:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-ring-led-question-with-scenes.164063/

I use scene mode mostly for each preset. Some presets i use all 3 switches up to 6 scenes, some I do not but still use the same layout.

Currently each switch is toggled for 2 scenes per switch. 1/2 , 3/4, 5/6.

I would like to have it so that for any scenes that are loaded (built and ready to go, just not yet engaged via the footswitch), that that corresponding footswitch LED would be dimmed, so that one can see that there's more scenes available on that preset, as opposed to now where the LED is just completely off, and only on for the currently engage switch/scene.

So for example if a preset I have only has to up 4 scenes; when on scene 1/2, the switch for 3/4 would be dimmed (instead of totally off), to let me know I have scenes loaded ready to be engaged, while the switch for 5/6 would be off because I did not load anything in those scenes. I currently 'kind of' do this with scene manager, for example, in each preset where I don't use scenes 5/6 on the 3rd switch, i disable/bypass all inputs on scene 5/6, so the signal is muted in case i overstep to that switch when I'm not supposed to. Very handy live, that muted signal will let me know right away that I've mis-stepped and need to go back to another switch.

This supported with the corresponding dimmed LEDs would be very very handy in a live situation.

Another wish would be, when toggling between scenes on the same switch, that the LEDs can be different colors so one can recognize which scene they're on in a jiffy. Although the dimmed vs lit is helpful, I think colors would be much more easily visible.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's no distinction between used and unused scenes. All 8 scenes are always there and ready to use regardless of whether or not you've made any changed to them or named them. They are an integral part of each preset. Same goes for channels in each block.

As I mentioned in the other thread, there are always 8 scenes, so you'd also need a way to tell the III/FM3 that a scene is "loaded/active/enabled" in each preset.

Yes I agree, and I was fantasizing that maybe when using scene manager, and bypassing all the inputs (amp, cab, input, output) strips on that scene would be a good method to tell the FM3 that a scene 'not loaded/disabled'

Just FYI, there's no such thing as "scene mode". I'm assuming you're referring to the Layout called "scenes", which is just a default layout that can altered as needed.

Yes that's what I meant, thank you.

Yeah, there's no distinction between used and unused scenes. All 8 scenes are always there and ready to use regardless of whether or not you've made any changed to them or named them. They are an integral part of each preset. Same goes for channels in each block.

Technically no there isn't. Except for scene manager, which I use as stated previously, to bypass all the amp/cab/input/outputs on a scene that I'm not using.

Yes I agree, and I was fantasizing that maybe when using scene manager, and bypassing all the inputs (amp, cab, input, output) strips on that scene would be a good method to tell the FM3 that a scene 'not loaded/disabled'
That sounds like too much work ;-)

If they took the time to code it, why not just add a "scene enabled/disabled" toggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom