Scene LFO reset?

Tom Morris

Power User
I have a Flanger set up the way I want but I would like the sweep to start at a set point whenever I select a scene its active in. I have the flanger set up in an odd way to achieve the result I want. To get the sweet of the flange I'm using an LFO as a modifier on the flangers delay setting, see pictures below. How can I make the delay level be at the bottom of the sweep when I activate the scene? Seems like LFO just runs or not if you stop it with no rest option. I was thinking a scene controller is what i would need but what would I control?

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 1.27.38 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 1.27.48 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 1.28.02 AM.jpg

So you're saying that the Run switch on the LFO doesn't reset it? I thought it did... But I never checked.

Set a scene controller on the run/stop of the LFO and it does indeed reset it. However its in the middle of the sweep.

Is start point adjustment the only reason you're trying the LFO modifier approach? Did you try any other settings for "LFO Bypass Reset" in the block itself with no modifier assigned?

For the controller menu LFO B phase to determine the starting point you need to select LFO 1B as source, not LFO 1A.

The LFO is assigned to the Delay control..

Right, but without the modifier the LFO Bypass Reset works on the block's own LFO.

Looking at the settings more closely it seems like the goal might be a custom sweep w/ stepped rise & smooth fall.

The effect I'm after in the flanger is all about sweeping the delay time. Hence why I'm using LFO. Reseting/Bypass the flanger block doesn't reset the LFO. I'm confused LFO1A and LFO1B? I see LFO 1 and below that LFO 2 each has an Output B Phase.

The effect I'm after in the flanger is all about sweeping the delay time. Hence why I'm using LFO. Reseting/Bypass the flanger block doesn't reset the LFO. I'm confused LFO1A and LFO1B? I see LFO 1 and below that LFO 2 each has an Output B Phase.
In your screenshot you have selected LFO 1A... Choose LFO 1B.

The phase control is 1B offset from 1A.

Back
Top Bottom