Wish Scene Ignore indicator/flag in Axe-Edit grid view

yyz67

Fractal Fanatic
A graphical block scene ignore indicator or visual flag in Axe-Edit grid would be super helpful. This would be by channel (not block).

Perhaps a different border style, like dashed or dotted.

Would provide an instant visual cue for block-channels that have scene ignore enabled.

I like the idea of a dashed/dotted border on the icon to indicate scene ignore. Make it thick enough to be clearly visible but not obnoxious.

It would be enjoyable, but i guess it would be problematic as for now scene ignore is a block parameter and is not saved as channel or by pass states in the grid informations... So it would require polling this parameter for each block

it would be problematic as for now scene ignore is a block parameter and is not saved as channel or by pass states in the grid informations... So it would require polling this parameter for each block

I'm not sure about polling but it is per channel:
Added “Scene Ignore” to most blocks. When set to ON, Scene Ignore instructs the block to ignore scene changes. Scene Ignore is a per-channel parameter. This allows turning Scene Ignore to OFF on one or more channels which will then allow a scene change to set the block to a desired state if the block is on that channel.

It's a good idea if possible. At first I thought of using "$" (That's an S for scenes with a line through it for ignore)... But this little SVG could probably work too:

View attachment 98473

It should probably also appear in the Scene Manager too.
@Michael Pickens is a busy man, but I will discuss this with him.

View attachment 98475
Over the weekend I was adjusting presets and trying to ferret out any that had blocks that were anomalously set to scene ignore, and realized we have no way of quickly telling. We currently have to go through each scene and look at each block.

@Admin M@ @Michael Pickens

PS - Pretty please, make it so that clicking on the indicator will take us to the edit screen of that preset so we can toggle it, or, simply toggle it in the preset so we don't have to change context.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom