Wish Scene function: alternative

Smilzo

Fractal Fanatic
The alternative scene function allow to switch back and forth between actual and user designated entries.

A user per preset "scene table" establishes for each scene the alternative scene (eg 1-2, 2-2, 3-4, 4-4...., or 1-5, 2-5, 3-6, 4-6 ...)

(Similar to toggle fuction, if primary scene were current scene. But still different)

Use:
1) Set user alternate scene always to (eg) 1, our main show scene. Now from any scenes, the function go back and forth the main.
2) Let's suppose we have 4 basic sound (clean, crunch, fuzz, metal) on scene 1-4. Let's copy to scene 5-8, make the adjustment as needed (effect, volume). Function switch go bck and forth an alternative scene with one tap (and one switch!)
3) Access all 8 scenes with 2 switches.
SW1 toggle between scenes 1 and 2; a long press activates a toggle between S 3 and 4. SW2 has the alternate function: let define scene 1 alternate scene 5 (1>5), 2>6, 3>7, 4>8. SW1 let us navigate from 1 to 4, SW2 recall the active scene +4 (in this example); pressing SW2 deactivate the alternative and goes back to previous active scene; if we press SW1 toggle as programmed (1 to 4).
4) Let's suppose we have many preset with different number of used scene, one of them is "lead". For each preset we set alternative entry to match our lead scene number. Now a single switch with alternative function allow us to go back and forth our lead sound, in any patch. Adjusting the user table on the fly (without touching scenes or layout) can arrange for different scene recall.
5) ... it's up to you!

Pros:
Saves switches in case of multiple toggles; intuitive when used as "boost" or "solo" of "special fx" scenes.
Cons:
Programming! :)

So to summarize, you'd like a setting you can you to switch the function of your footswitches.
So in mode 1, switch ones is for scene 1 or 2, and long press for 3 or 4. then switch 2 switches it to choosing between 5 and 6, and long press for 7 and 8.

So if you're on scene 1, you tap to get to scene 1, then tap again to get to scene 1. Then regardless of where you are, a long press will bring you to 3, unless you're already on 3, then it'll bring you to 4. So if you're on 1 you long press twice to get to 4.

And flipping the mode puts you in 5-8 land, so if you want to go from scene 1 to scene 8 you would press sw2 (mode) then long press sw1 (scene 7) then long press sw1 again (scene 8).

I can see it working, but you've basically got to keep a state machine in your head to keep track of it.

Is there a scene toggle already?

what if you did
SW1: Scene 1 <-> Scene 2
SW2: Scene 3 <-> Scene 4

And long press to switch to view 2 where:

SW1: Scene 5 <-> Scene 6
SW2: Scene 7<-> Scene 8

And long press to switch back to view 1

Yeah, as I think about this more, you can use the layout views to achieve this. One layout view is mode 1, and the other is mode 2. And just define whatever switches you need in each view.

So to summarize, you'd like a setting you can you to switch the function of your footswitches.
Hmm... no....

So in mode 1, switch ones is for scene 1 or 2, and long press for 3 or 4. then switch 2 switches it to choosing between 5 and 6, and long press for 7 and 8.

So if you're on scene 1, you tap to get to scene 1, then tap again to get to scene 1. Then regardless of where you are, a long press will bring you to 3, unless you're already on 3, then it'll bring you to 4. So if you're on 1 you long press twice to get to 4.

And flipping the mode puts you in 5-8 land, so if you want to go from scene 1 to scene 8 you would press sw2 (mode) then long press sw1 (scene 7) then long press sw1 again (scene 8).

I can see it working, but you've basically got to keep a state machine in your head to keep track of it.
No. There's no mode. The function let you activate one user scene (associate with actrive scene). The function of all the switches is untouched. To activate alternative scene switch on (led on). Another tap on the switch recall previous scenes, and active led went off. Like any switch.

Is there a scene toggle already?

what if you did

And long press to switch to view 2 where:

SW2: Scene 7<-> Scene 8

And long press to switch back to view 1
Yes, doable. But I wish to avoid during the song to long press a switch. The aternative function allow to go forth and back an alternative scene.

SW3: Alternative

I can go to any scene with max 2 tap, go back to previous with 1 tap.

I use one preset. I use two to three main sound in any song (rithm, lead and a variation). Some song need a clean rythm, some a crunch, some more overdrive. With AX8 I have 8 switch and more, but I always felt there was some waste. All I needed was 4 switch and a "boost/drive/fx" scene dependand switch. I think FM3 is way more versatile, I'm still setting the sounds and switching view/layout. But I come up with this idea. Maybe you don't know, but I was the first one to discuss with Cliff about a way to "recall some setting within a preset" in ancient standard times (I think firmware 4....). Thank to that discussion we have scenes. There were people telling "we have patches, use them". Sure, we can. But user experience, and constructive idea could help to develop the product in unexpected ways.

Yes, doable. But I wish to avoid during the song to long press a switch. The aternative function allow to go forth and back an alternative scene.

SW3: Alternative

I can go to any scene with max 2 tap, go back to previous with 1 tap.

I use one preset. I use two to three main sound in any song (rithm, lead and a variation). Some song need a clean rythm, some a crunch, some more overdrive. With AX8 I have 8 switch and more, but I always felt there was some waste. All I needed was 4 switch and a "boost/drive/fx" scene dependand switch. I think FM3 is way more versatile, I'm still setting the sounds and switching view/layout. But I come up with this idea. Maybe you don't know, but I was the first one to discuss with Cliff about a way to "recall some setting within a preset" in ancient standard times (I think firmware 4....). Thank to that discussion we have scenes. There were people telling "we have patches, use them". Sure, we can. But user experience, and constructive idea could help to develop the product in unexpected ways.

What if you have view 1 be
SW3: To View 2

and view 2 be
SW2: Scene 7 <-> Scene 8
SW3: To View 1

I'm offering these suggestions in part to try and better understand what you're asking, and how it's different from the tools that are already available. For instance, what is the difference between your Alternative switch? Does your alternative change SW1 and SW2, or does it just move you to a different scene depending what scene you're on currently (for instance, if you're on 3 it brings you to 7. if you're on 2 then 6)?

Back
Top Bottom