Scene Controllers

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
I finally got around to checking out the scene controllers. Great idea! Lots of useful possibilities here. It raised the CPU from 88 to 91.

I set it up to control Input Trim on Amp X first to try it out. It worked great. Then I tried adding the second controller to Master Volume Trim. That worked great also. I only did this for Amp X. When I later switched to Amp Y all the controller settings I was using on Amp X were acting on Amp Y also, even though I had not touched Amp Y. Is this correct? It seems like you should be able to have the different scene controllers for your X and Y amps if you wanted to. I didn't want them on Amp Y. Is this a bug or is that how it is supposed to work? Firmware 17.

How are you guys using the scene controllers?

There are many ways to control I prefer my volume control to work on amp level x+y. always use it glad I do not have to do it twice for every patch I make. you can set controllers up on a scene bases should be able to control y on one scene different then x on another scene I haven't tried that for volume but I use it for delay and reverb a lot.

In many presets I'm using Scene Controller 1 and 2 for the Reverb block's Length and Level. That way you a scene switch can let you go from a tight small reverb to a never ending drone type of reverb - and back again.

I finally got around to checking out the scene controllers. Great idea! Lots of useful possibilities here. It raised the CPU from 88 to 91.

I set it up to control Input Trim on Amp X first to try it out. It worked great. Then I tried adding the second controller to Master Volume Trim. That worked great also. I only did this for Amp X. When I later switched to Amp Y all the controller settings I was using on Amp X were acting on Amp Y also, even though I had not touched Amp Y. Is this correct? It seems like you should be able to have the different scene controllers for your X and Y amps if you wanted to. I didn't want them on Amp Y. Is this a bug or is that how it is supposed to work? Firmware 17.

How are you guys using the scene controllers?

IIRC, controllers regarding parameters in amps are unrelated to whether its amp X or Y. It affects them both. An wishlist of getting them separated exists though.

In many presets I'm using Scene Controller 1 and 2 for the Reverb block's Length and Level. That way you a scene switch can let you go from a tight small reverb to a never ending drone type of reverb - and back again.

Can you use scene controllers on any block in your preset?

The controllers for an amp x y are going to effect both x + y but you can control the amp controllable settings on a scene bases. I normally only change amp x or y in a scene change any ways. scene controllers can be used in any block but you only have two of them but you also have many other modifiers. switchable and automatic.

Back
Top Bottom