Scene Controller

Narzugon

Power User
Two part question that I can't find the answers to.

1: The manual gives this example for Scene Controllers. "you might assign SCENE CONTROLLER 1 to delay feedback, with a value of 10% in SCENE 1, 30% in SCENE 2, 0% in SCENE 3, and so on. SCENE CTRL 2 could meanwhile be used for something completely different."

Would some one explain how to setup this example? I know where and how to use Controllers and Modifiers but I don't understand how scenes 1-8 could have different feedback values using "Scene Controller 1".

2: I have a Whammy and Wah stacked vertically on the grid. The toe switch of my Mission pedal controls the bypass states of both. Both on and both off simultaneously. Of course the Mission's rocker controls the sweep of both effects simultaneously.

I have the Whammy and Wah blocks run into a Mixer block. Whammy on Gain 1 and Wah on Gain 2. An IA switch which alternates between Gain 1 on/Gain 2 off and Gain 1 Off/Gain 2 On. A common technique around here.

This allows me to change my Mission pedal from a Wah to a Whammy whenever I want. It also allows me to activate the effect with the toe switch which I prefer over Auto Engage. This works for me in an improve setup. The Whammy is just something for fun and rarely used so it's not like I'm doing a lot of tap dancing to switch between the two. One or the other is usually in place prior to needing to use it.

Sorry for the long winded explanation just to get to my question. I'm wanting to add a third effect to this setup. In this case a tremolo that I want to control the rate with the Mission pedal. How would I control the mixer to do this? Would Scene Controllers work for this?

Gain 1 on Gain 2 off Gain 3 off
Gain 2 on Gain 3 off Gain 1 off
Gain 3 on Gain 2 off Gain 1 off

Even if Scene Controllers would not work in this situation I still want to know how they work.

Open the controllers -page, there are two controllers: scene controller 1 and 2. You can set independent values for each scene.

Scene controller:

- go to Delay > Feedback.
- enter the modifier menu.
- in Source select Scene Controller 1.
- exit modifier menu.
- go to Controllers and go to Scene Controllers menu.
- for Scene Controller 1, enter the desired percentage for each scene.

Back
Top Bottom