Scene Controller "Percentages" Question

GtarGreg

Inspired
I am wondering if the scene controller values you set are "absolute" or "relative" to the value you are attaching to?

Example:
- I save an initial Input Drive value in the amp block as "10".
- I then attach a scene controller to that
- Next, I set the Controller 1 knob to 10% for Scene 1 (in the controllers tab)

Result question: Is my value for Input drive in scene1 equal to "1" (10% of 10) or 10%? Or something else?

It will be proportional to the entire scale that is set in the Modifier Edit Window. If you set the Min to '0' and the Max to '10', then yes, a scene controller value of 10% will equal '1'.

If you set the Min to '10' and the Max to '5, then a scene controller value of 10% would equal '9.50', and 50% would equal '7.50'.

It's the percentage of the difference between the Min and Max settings.

Just to clarify. The value, you set on the knob, has no effect at all, once you attach a controller to that knob.

Example: You go to the amp block and set input drive at 10, then you attach a scene controller to input drive. Now, the 10 you set has no influence on the sound whatsoever, it is all set by the scene controller percentage and the settings in the modifier menu.

So: When I right click on the modifier for the control in the amp block, that menu is to set the "range" for whatever the knob in question is. When I next go to the Controllers tab, that is where I assign what I want to set for that particular scene. I think that is correct, right? A bit of an odd click path, but I think I get it. Thank you guys!

To further clarify..lol... The value, you set on the knob, can still have an effect, once you attach a controller to that knob,
IF.................

You set the 'PC Reset' to on. This allows the preset to load with that initial setting (ignoring the modifier attachment), then once you move your expression pedal, it takes over and controls the parameter in the range set in the Modifier Edit window....:eek:

PRO TIP....That initial setting can even be outside of the range set in the Modifier Edit window.

This can come in handy for an 'Intro' for a song, where you can have a slightly louder volume when the preset loads, then you use your controller (exp pedal, IA switch, scene controller. etc...) for the other pre-determined settings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom