Closed Scene Blocker

Dendrite

Inspired
I'm after the ability to restrict a preset to a given number of scenes.
Take a song that has a verse, chorus, and solo (on scene 1, 2, and 3 respectively). I progress through the song from scene 1, to 2, then to 3. The solo is finished, I intend to hit "previous scene" back to chorus on scene 2, but accidentally hit the "next scene" footswitch and it takes me to scene 4. But scene 4 is a trash scene that I didn't plan out, as I never wanted to use it in the song. Even if I had tried to preplan scene 4 and turned the amp level to 0, I'm now on a dead scene, and thus still in a bad spot.
I know every scene is just a collection of block states/channels. In the above example if I had been able to limit the scene accessibility I could preplan by blocking scenes 4-8 and avoid confusion during a performance.
I envision this as right clicking in FM3 Edit on the Scene 4 icon, click on "Suppress" (or block, or inaccesible, or whatever word fits best), and the scene button now has a red X on it, or maybe turns a little bit red, whatever. This would make it not selectable by the FM3. You could right click it again and select unsuppress to open it back to normal. We have the ability to limit presets which are available to select- this would seem to be similar just within each preset.
Standard disclaimer: I searched for others mentioning this on the wishlist and didn't see it. But, lets be honest, it's probably out there somewhere and I missed it.
Thanks for the consideration-- and thanks for a great product!

the problem here is that all Scenes are used in all presets. the unit doesn't "know" if you've programmed it or not.

you can however limit the Next Preset function on the switch. there should be a Wrap and Limit option on the switch setup.
That, combined with setting the switch up per-preset, and doing the same for the Previous Scene switch, should cover you....

Back
Top Bottom