Scene/Block Bug??

Luis Robles

Today while playing live I noticed something. On this preset I have 2 scenes which utilizes the MTD block; scenes 3 & 4 . When I switch to any other scene from scene 4, the MTD block remains engaged until I select another scene. This doesn't happen when I switch from scene 3 to another scene. I have attached the preset for anyone to review and maybe help me figure this out.

Attachments

• LR Classic - TremRotMtd.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
i can confirm this behavior. seems like a bug. there was a similar bug with the Filter block, and that was fixed. i'll report it. thanks!

actually, it only happens when MTD is set to Y. if you change Scene 4 to MTD X, it will work properly.

i can confirm this behavior. seems like a bug. there was a similar bug with the Filter block, and that was fixed. i'll report it. thanks!

actually, it only happens when MTD is set to Y. if you change Scene 4 to MTD X, it will work properly.
Great observation with the X and Y. I hadn't realized that. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Also thank you for reporting the bug.

I have another question. I don't always use the Y settings of a block or blocks, but could use for example another reverb or MTD. Is there a way to disable the Y of the blocks I only use one setting? My hope is that by doing that I can free up CPU for another FX block. Is this possible?

the Y setting doesn't use CPU if it's not selected. same for X. so you aren't losing any CPU, and there is none more to gain.

I am getting something similar but different. I have MTD in a preset and have saved eight scenes in it. When I switch scenes from one with the MTD active to one where it is not - MTD stays on. It happens the other way round too - going from a scene with no MTD selected to one where it is - MTD is not there. I have only had the FX8 a few days and assumed it was something I have been doing wrong but I can't get my head around it.

This bug is in the MTD, so it is common to both the FX8 and the AX8. It will be fixed in the next releases of both.

Back
Top Bottom