Scared SH$$LESS Help!!!!

I agree, I just have let things go and breathe, lol. If I really want all my gear back, It wouldn't be that hard. It's not like I have anything super rare etc..
The rarest thing I have is a Marshall Sl-X, with factory el-34's, which would be a killer model for the axe. A misunderstood amp,
I get everything from clean to mean with it. I even played acoustic through it a few times and sounded great. Still nothing I couldn't find again If needed.
Thanks dudes, I'm going to do it!

I just thought of a good business Idea. We should have a service on here where someone would take in all of your gear,
equal to the cost of the Axe II XL. Then decide whatever the fair market value is on head/guitar/pedals etc..based on pics, video, etc...
Give you a price on it all plus or minus. Then trade for an new Axe-fx II XL . :)

Bad news, My bills just became a lot worse, and probably not be able to get one after all. Things out of my control, are killing the dream for now. Thanks to all who spent the time helping me out. Take Care!

Nice to see a few hockey players here, born and raised playing outside of Detroit started playing at age 5, I was a goalie for most of my ice time but got out of it when I hit about 16 when I moved to California, still got my roller blades. :)

One thing I have recently changed in my rig is the Atomic wedges are now at my feet pointing at me instead of back lined. It actually allows for a lower stage volume for the sound man or FOH, but what I really like is its a nice stereo image right in your face, easy to milk feedback from and step in and out of if I need to hear my self more or less. Even with the extra #2 input you can feed yourself a vocal feed to monitor within the same wedges (just don't feed guitar into the #2 as well from the mixer or you end up with a feedback loop). Use Output #1 to FOH and #2 to feed the wedges for independent control.

Hope you've gotten to plug in to someones rig by now or already on your own. Rocket!

Thanks for the kind words b3gene. Unfortunately I live in an area where there is not a huge music scene, although we did have a concert series where the Doors played here among others, Lockport, NY!
Anyway have not had a chance to try an axe of any kind yet. :( Also, I blew another disc in my back right above my fusion and have been down for the past few weeks.
Thankfully feeling better, but at the starting line again. I am going to give it another shot here soon, I have the gear, but it is very difficult for me to sell and funds are limited as hell.
I've looked into financing options etc... but nothing that fits my budget, I'm on disability with 3 kids, so it is what it is. I'm trying, I have more than enough material for a solo album
that I want to finish, hopefully with an axe-II, and maybe that will fund it in the long run, we'll see. Hey does anyone know of a rental joint that has FAS boxes to rent? Maybe that would fly?

I bought my Ultra in 2007 (now have a II). I would not have bought it without the free 2-week tryout period. Does FAS still offer that? That said, within 1/2 hour, I was sure I was gonna keep it! And it's just gotten better and better over the years. Some things still annoy me: the Looper is not 'global', and is not very hip compared to the looper I eventually bought out of frustration with the Axe's (boomerang III), and the fan's still noisier than I'd like, though quieter than the Ultra's. And, god, I wish I could globally setup the four soft knobs to be bass, mid, treble and reverb level for ALL my patches, but I'm still quibbling: I've got a ROOM FULL of great amps and a lot of great effects, and a warm, organic, decidedly 'un-digital' quality of sound. Take the plunge - but be prepared for a learning curve! I tweak much less than most of my brethren (and 'sisteren') here - in fact, I just cut a solo for my new album with the stock 'Das Metal' patch. But I still had to learn some tweakage to get what I wanted. I don't play with all of the bajillions of arcane parameters, and I haven't bought any 3rd party IRS (impulse responses, for the cab block) - though I am thinking of doing so soon - but I still had to learn at least some of the basics and spend many hours messing around to get what I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom