Scare

MKeditor

Experienced
Turned the rig on this morning and it was all messed up. The tuner via the RJM MMGT16 wasn't reading from the Axe-FX. I couldn't turn the tuner off. I rebooted the Axe-FX. There was a delay in changing patches and my volume was fading in and out. I starting to think the whole unit was messed up. Then I unplugged the USB from the laptop. Everything was fine. I've never encountered anything like that before. I did a big sigh of relief. I'm not sure what the laptop was sending that freaked out the black box. Has anyone else experienced anything like that?

The only thing I've noticed along those lines is when I have axe edit running. I programmed my MFC-101 to use sysex commands for controlling block on/off. With axe edit running it will miss some commands from the MFC. Axe edit not running and it works fine. Also if I use CC's instead of SysEx, then it works fine with or without axe edit running.

Turned the rig on this morning and it was all messed up. The tuner via the RJM MMGT16 wasn't reading from the Axe-FX. I couldn't turn the tuner off. I rebooted the Axe-FX. There was a delay in changing patches and my volume was fading in and out. I starting to think the whole unit was messed up. Then I unplugged the USB from the laptop. Everything was fine. I've never encountered anything like that before. I did a big sigh of relief. I'm not sure what the laptop was sending that freaked out the black box. Has anyone else experienced anything like that?
what programs were running on the laptop?

if unplugging USB solved it, then the computer most likely caused it.

Back
Top Bottom