Scam websites selling Maine Coon cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is basically how litter robot works also, but it does this turning and removal automatically and in-place. Ours has been going strong for like 9 years, I’d still buy another one instead of a manual version. I don’t want to be anywhere near cat shit any more often than I have to. Tooling things around every time my cat pees doesn’t seem like a good use of anyone’s time.

Such beautiful cat. Im for shelters too. Around here, most shelters charge 300.00 for a kitten. Then you promise to neuter. Another 200.00 at least. Shots etc. I was ready to pay all this for a kitten. After 5 years of searching my state, being on pet searches etc. I gave up. Everytime i saw a kitty i liked, id contact immediately. It was no longer available. If i worked at a shelter, i probably would have had a kitty years ago. Have an in, so to speak. When i saw the kitty i wanted, was told about, then was told no longer available, on go kitty for 1800.00 , i gave up. Its who you know. I guess. You were lucky to find your kitty. Love the feet. I look on so many buying sites at the animals for sale. I see regular kittens for sale. No breed , just what lots of our nieghbors had growing up. Theyd give them away to all the kids. Now people sell them. Its unbelievable. Everyone is after a buck. From breeders , shelters, your neighbors. So im going to look for "my kitty", everywhere, now. All! Animals need love.

Such beautiful cat. Im for shelters too. Around here, most shelters charge 300.00 for a kitten. Then you promise to neuter. Another 200.00 at least. Shots etc. I was ready to pay all this for a kitten. After 5 years of searching my state, being on pet searches etc. I gave up. Everytime i saw a kitty i liked, id contact immediately. It was no longer available. If i worked at a shelter, i probably would have had a kitty years ago. Have an in, so to speak. When i saw the kitty i wanted, was told about, then was told no longer available, on go kitty for 1800.00 , i gave up. Its who you know. I guess. You were lucky to find your kitty. Love the feet. I look on so many buying sites at the animals for sale. I see regular kittens for sale. No breed , just what lots of our nieghbors had growing up. Theyd give them away to all the kids. Now people sell them. Its unbelievable. Everyone is after a buck. From breeders , shelters, your neighbors. So im going to look for "my kitty", everywhere, now. All! Animals need love.
Is this how much neutering is nowadays? My cat was neutered for like $80 7 years ago or so, and that’s for a female, and I also gave the doctor a chip which he injected while he was at it. Vet’s office looked like it’s right out of the 70s though. He certainly wasn’t spending any money on decor. And for vaccinations he’d just line owners up single file, carriers in hand, and do those shots right then and there. Great way to do it, imo - high throughput and animals don’t mind the lack of “privacy”. With throughput like that both for neutering and vax, you could be sure he did a lot of both.Sadly, he retired a couple of years ago.

The cheapest one in my area is about 200.00 . 2 others up the road were 300.00 to 400.00. Im all for neutering unless you are a breeder. I have seen many beautiful ,now neutered cats, coon cats, for sale. Breeders are done with them. The prices are quite reasonable, compared to a kitten. But i cant get over the fact that the owners are done with them. How sad. Theyve lived amongst this family with all the others. Your warm, safe and feel loved. But i guess not. You are not loved that much., only when you are producing. Its very sad. Maybe by people buying a coon kitten, they will be saving a kitty from going thru that trauma.

The difference is, LR cleans shit for you, and with this you have to do it yourself. Although the pricing was far more reasonable when we bought it.

I think most cats want to go out and do their business. In the deep deep snow,,we used to get here id put in a litter box. After 1st winter of it being too much for them, they adapted when a cold snap, deep snow came. Just as soon as winter broke out theyd go again. It worked nicely. The older momma cat was born in the woods. Half wild when we got her, but was also breed. We were surprised, but what a joy. Kittens everywhere. She was a hunter, outside everyday she lived to 18 years old. I think it was her lifestyle. She was shy in using litter box, so i got her a cat screen. She loved it. No circling hoping to go out, when it was brutal. She just hopped in. More like she choose it outside. I use the litterbox liner bags. Its so easy. I guess you have to be a cat lover ,not to let a litterbox stop you from having a kitty. There are so many new things for litterboxes. There will be one type for everyone. If you live where there is no cold and snow, they can probably just go out, no cat box needed.problem solved.

Maybe most, but ours doesn't want to go outside during the rainy months, or when there's snow. Late spring and summer she does do her business outside. She also kills quite a bit of wildlife and a couple of times she dragged in bleeding baby rabbits into our kitchen. The worst is when she hides them in the bushes and they start to decay. So letting cats go outside has its own downsides. 🤣

Maybe most, but ours doesn't want to go outside during the rainy months, or when there's snow. Late spring and summer she does do her business outside. She also kills quite a bit of wildlife and a couple of times she dragged in bleeding baby rabbits into our kitchen. The worst is when she hides them in the bushes and they start to decay. So letting cats go outside has its own downsides. 🤣
My parents had a cat door to the outside. Their cat would bring kicking and screaming and bleeding small creatures in and deposit them on their bed in the middle of the night, so proud.

Our cats now don't go out, so they do the galloping herd of monkees thing at night not infrequently. I love them.

It's also amazing how prey drive transforms them into a completely different animal. In that moment they transform into apex predators. I know it sounds ridiculous when applied to a house cat, but if you've ever seen it, you know it's true. You have to be careful around a cat when it's hunting, and especially if they already have their prey. Otherwise you could become the prey with no warning at all.

we have kitties for pets. We enjoy them ,when they are loving, do cute things, but we forget that they are an animal thats natural habits are to hunt and survive. Weve made pets out of them, so naturally they want you to be proud of their catch, as a mother cat would. Ive seen owners get mad, bad kitty, when they bring a dead mouse in to show. The cat is so hurt, confused. Ive seen indoor cats sit in windows or screened in porches, and just cry and cry to go out. Its awful. If you live in the country, lots of woods etc. A cat is going to naturally go out, if you live in a high rise, middle of a city. They probably wont. I do think the breed is an important thing to think about, when you bring one home. Ive know people who have, what i call designer cats. Not very rugged, quite frail, compared to barn kitty. They arent made to go out, just to look pretty. And they are. Its a hard decision to make at times. Sometimes we just need to listen to the kitty.

Your kids dont care. Love is love. I remember lots of kittens we brought home from neighbors and their barns. Chasing them thru hay piles. There were as many mice running thru the mounds as kittens. That creeped me out. But wed catch one, take it home. Just an old barn baby, but we love them

my mother has an indoor cat. He loves to sleep with her, gets under the blankets, loves to sleep. But when the moon is full, hes up most of nite roaming and crying. Meowing loud. Hes just like a wild cat, he creeps, with one step at a time. His eyes wild and glowing. He checks everything out, then hell point his head high to smell the air. You can call him, be in the same room with him, he acts like you dont exist. Like he doesnt hear you. Or see you. Hes in his own world. Ive never seen anything like it. Hes totally wild.
This is a spoilt indoor russian blue cat. Loves to be pampered. But that instinct is still there. I personally like to see it. My mother doesnt.she doesnt know this full moon cat.

I remember the galloping herds of monkees. Cant wait, maybe. Leo is so gorgeous. Hes a big boy. Im still trying to adopt one, but i truly didnt realize how that scam got to me. Ive gone to town dumps and rescued dogs, found others living in the pits of hell and got them out of there. Not afraid to help a helpless animal. But this was a different type of animal, ones that preys on humans and their ability to love a small furry thing. They know what to say and they know when to say it. Theyve made me scared to try it again. I keep hoping ill hear about a kitten under a porch , that i can go after. I wouldnt think twice, id just go. But this is so diff. I just didnt realize how bad some people are on line, til i started reading BBB reports. Id looked at most of the sites. It made things worse. But im glad it was there to see. Has anyone else let a scammer, scare them. And how did you cope.

Out here in cow country, you can just go to a barn and take a kitten. The real way to impress is to then also neuter the mom.

cow country ! Lol. You do realize , removing your baby barn kitty’s- mom’s- balls could be a tough one to pull off. It might serve you well , to take her to a vet down in Jersey and get her spayed instead.

I agree that it would be best to spay the mother barn cat. But have you ever tried to catch one. And if you do , youll probably lose the battle, with their claws, and teeth. They are tough girls, that want to be left alone!

I had a Persian who lived 18 years.

One reason to get a purebred cat, is that they have never been outside and if they are fixed, won't have the instinct to go outside, so you won't have to worry about them trying to escape.

If you get a kitten that has been outside, it will always be wanting to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom