Sc 1 volume jump issue - multiple presets

Tplesko

Inspired
Hi all, I am using a variation of a some 5 scene presets I purchased that I like a lot. One issue I am having with some of them seems to be a clear jump in volume on sc1 when I first go to the patch. Once I switch scenes and back then Sc 1 seems to go back to normal. Any ideas?

It happens when connected to computer and when not connected, so I know that is not it. It's causing me not to want to use these live as I need to do some foot dancing to ensure my sc 1 (often the start of my songs) aren't 6-9 dB higher than the rest. It's very noticeable as it's a big jump.

I am attaching one for review. There is a filter block placed between amp and cab tied to a Scene controller to help level volumes between scenes (a very neat trick). I am worried that might be the cause.

Any help appreciated and if you load this and have the same issue please reply!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Bad Case.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 1
I think I remember seeing this issue mentioned before.

I'm assuming you have no external expression pedal attached but the presets are expecting one.

I think I remember seeing this issue mentioned before.

I'm assuming you have no external expression pedal attached but the presets are expecting one.
Actually I have 3 attached....Ext 1 for Wah, Ext 2 for Vol block, and Ext 3 tied to FX Loop which connected to an external guitar synth. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...always appreciate your posts and replies.

Actually I have 3 attached....Ext 1 for Wah, Ext 2 for Vol block, and Ext 3 tied to FX Loop which connected to an external guitar synth. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...always appreciate your posts and replies.
Hmmm... Do you still have the original purchased presets? Do they have the same problem? If so, I'd reach out to whoever you bought them from.

Otherwise, maybe another AX-8 owner can load your preset and confirm the issue?

It's because 'PC Reset' is 'on' in the modifier windows. This causes the preset to load with the 'Saved' values and ignore the Controller (Internal or External) until there is a change.

The level jump is coming from scene controller #2 and the Filter block for the same reason. It's saved value is '0.00 dB', which is how it loads because of the PC Reset being 'on'. Once you switch to any other scene, the controller takes over. Which drops it down 30-50% (scene controller 2 setting) of -15 dB (Filter block 'Level' modifier range)...

Same thing is going on with the 'Dirt' levels. It starts at the 'saved' value because of the PC Reset being 'on'. then changes to the scene controller 1 settings when you change scenes.

It looks like Scene 1 was intended to be the cleanest of them all, but they are all (now) relatively the same?

All of the scene's levels are very low because the Filter block is reducing the levels in all scenes (except when the preset originally loads... the filter block 'Level' starts at the 'saved' value of '0.00 dB')

It's because 'PC Reset' is 'on' in the modifier windows. This causes the preset to load with the 'Saved' values and ignore the Controller (Internal or External) until there is a change.

The level jump is coming from scene controller #2 and the Filter block for the same reason. It's saved value is '0.00 dB', which is how it loads because of the PC Reset being 'on'. Once you switch to any other scene, the controller takes over. Which drops it down 30-50% (scene controller 2 setting) of -15 dB (Filter block 'Level' modifier range)...

Same thing is going on with the 'Dirt' levels. It starts at the 'saved' value because of the PC Reset being 'on'. then changes to the scene controller 1 settings when you change scenes.

It looks like Scene 1 was intended to be the cleanest of them all, but they are all (now) relatively the same?

All of the scene's levels are very low because the Filter block is reducing the levels in all scenes (except when the preset originally loads... the filter block 'Level' starts at the 'saved' value of '0.00 dB')
Hi Moke, I think you nailed it. I verified that they did come this way. If I change PC reset to Off perhaps that will change this? Thanks, really appreciate this!

My guess is that this was originally a @fremen preset. And the 'Saved' values and the 'Scene Controller' starting values where matched up for scene 1, to stop the preset from having volume/gain bursts when first loading?

My guess is that this was originally a @fremen preset. And the 'Saved' values and the 'Scene Controller' starting values where matched up for scene 1, to stop the preset from having volume/gain bursts when first loading?
Yep, his 5 scene pack. I verified that before I edited anything some of them do this jump and I have also verified it is the PC reset. I changed to Off and am retooling some to balance and should be good. Thanks again, really appreciate this as it was driving me crazy!

If you are not intending to vary the 'dirt' levels between scenes much, you should initially set scene controller 2 to 100% in all scenes, and maybe just remove it if it's not needed?

Well in most Sc 1 is gain and Sc 2 is the Filter (volume). I go from clean, low gain, med/high gain, and solo in a 4 scene config (my entire bottom row). I use the top row for different effects on/off.

Many of these (I am using about 8) have a Comp and a Drive, so the levels vary quite a bit. I think the one I posted is an anomaly as most vary on both Controllers Sc 1 and Sc2 quite a bit.

So in most

I use 'PC Reset' on some of my 'Artist' presets to ignore some internal and/or external controllers when the preset is first loaded when it makes sense. I considered setting the 'PC Reset' to 'On' in my 'Clean to Mean' packs, but decided not to for this very reason. Customers are free to edit the 'dirt' and 'level' of individual scenes.

I use 'PC Reset' on some of my 'Artist' presets to ignore some internal and/or external controllers when the preset is first loaded when it makes sense. I considered setting the 'PC Reset' to 'On' in my 'Clean to Mean' packs, but decided not to for this very reason. Customers are free to edit the 'dirt' and 'level' of individual scenes.
Prolly exactly why I didn’t have this issue with your clean to mean pack! Thanks again Moke!

Back
Top Bottom