Saying good buy and good ridance

There is a lot of misunderstanding when people expect the Axe to sound EXACTLY like the tube amp you are playing through.
My question is this: have you duplicated the EXACT same conditions as your tube amp.
There are so many variables.
What speakers are you playing the Axe through? Often not the same ones as out of your tube amp so there is a huge difference there.
What about EQ? Have you dialled up exactly the same EQ response on the Axe as what is happening in your tube amp/cab setup?
Same room?
Same volume, same condtions?
This is part of the problem. It can never sound EXACTLY the same.
They are different tools.
Does it really matter?
I think not.
Dude, as long as you can make music you are happy with , that is what counts.
If your tube amp makes you happy, then you have found the tool that suits you.
Good luck with it.

Sorry everyone but i come here to this forum to learn more about the axe2... Not to listen to (or should i say read) all the complaining about

this fw or that fw ( especially with this new update) and that version x sounds so much better than y and bhlah blah blah . How many of you actually

have 2 or 3 axe effects that u are a/b ing to compare the different versions . Guess what... they all sound f / n great... whats to complain about.

Some are actually saying that they dont want more updates. ( the stupidity of that is beyond my comprehension ) THERE IS NO LAW SAYING YOU

HAVE TO INSTALL AN UPDATE. YOU COULD HOWEVER SAVE YOUR UPDATES IN A FOLDER CALLED FW UPDATES AND YOU COULD EVEN STORE THE

OLDER BANKS THERE TOO!

Its one thing to have a tech problem or to ask a question Its another to complain about something that is so esoteric and subjective as a particular

sound that is produced by this or that amp or effect or this or that fw version. I look at it this way .... There are probably close to $50 k worth of

amps and effects in this little box maybe more. Just try and wrap you little heads around that!!! BUT I dont want another fw update nah nah nah nah

nah.. Give me a break!!

Now if scott p and yek and smile fan sat down and finally wrote the Axe fx for dummies book. And everyone actually studied it we would have no

more dummies on this forum. If someone were to spend more time studying and tweaking the axe and less time complaining on the forum they would

get better at it.( we would hope) .BTW it take time and work so its not for all

BTW. and this is just (MHO ) I believe that you probably can duplicate just about any guitar sound that was ever played or recorded with this thing

( If thats what your in to...thats is sounding like some one else And there is nothing wrong with that if you are in a cover band or just want to wax

nostalgic). And as far as I know there is nothing out there other than the original amp you are trying to copy that does this kind of thing better than

the axe. So if you are not happy with all that is here with your new fw and you just cant seem to capture that magic sound . then go out and buy

the amp and mics and all else that you would need to capture that sound.

Smilefans recent tutorials are exactly what is needed for all who dont know and want to learn. ... INFORMATION ON HOW TO REALLY

UNDERSTAND AND USE THE AXE AND ALL ITS PARAMETERS... Isnt that what this forum is all about!!!! If i were cliff i would be sick reading all this shit.

I say let start a thread category...bullshit, nonsense and the like and put it as a sticky in bold at the beginning of the forum so i can skip over it

Roger that!

I'm sure there's the odd asshole that owns a JVM too .... but your parting post puts you still in front of them. In (male or female) anatomical terms at least.

You buy you try you stay or you go ..... I really don't need or care to read about those things on a forum .... asking for suggestions from experienced users or offering help yourself .... yes no problem.

You don't like the axefx, I don't like custard, now we both got something off our chests.

There are plenty of assholes in the world, some of them even manage to use the internet, this is not breaking news.

Take care....

I love custard and the Axe!:)

Can I have your stuff ?

Sorry, I can understand very well someone not meshing with the unit, to each his own, but the condescending tone is not helping.

Agree with you a 100% ...i can tell the difference between the axe fx and a tube amp and prefer the tube amp ...I sold my axe fx ultra to get the II because I thought it would do the 4cm better but I had more issues then with the ultra so I sold it and now have just a axe fx standard for effects ....you should try the axe fx just for effects I think the effects sound better with a real amps then with the just the amp sims ...just look at Steve Vai or John Petrucci they only use it for effects not to replace their tube amps...Far as assholes there are some on here but not all and I think what you mean by assholes are the ones that try to tear you down or say you're trolling when you voice your opinion that the axe fx is not perfect which I've had happen to me before..

I'm about to get mine, so can't speak yet.
Now, interestingly enough: I've been sifting through the forum and the Axe parameters are advanced: not for the faint hearted.
Yet, people here can thoroughly discuss each.

Also, several posts did bring up advanced concepts of audio engineering, DPS processing, digital audio and systems integrations.
I've seen several people with real knowledge here helping out people that still have some doubts and difficulties. Some replies are so good that I think i have nothing to add to it.

... but I'm just an asshole that pays bills recording bands and teaching audio engineering.
I see this forum as a "look out" place. Even if I don't like the Axe. Cliff might have some very strong, brutally honest opinions, but they are usually well based. Your text didn't even make sense and you contradicted yourself in several parts.

Bottom line is: not for you? well, sell it get you hard earned money back. Think twice before insulting people that you might be working with someday. Internet is not as anonymous as you may think.

I find it interesting that someone would sell days before a major release such as 6.0. I mean what would it hurt to load up the new version and test it out.
Out of curiosity if for nothing else.

I find it interesting that someone would sell days before a major release such as 6.0. I mean what would it hurt to load up the new version and test it out.
Out of curiosity if for nothing else.

Just take a look at paully's posting history and you will have your answer. :)

Back
Top Bottom