Say what I can't hear you...

80sMetalDude

Inspired
Got home from work around 3pm and have been playing my AXE3 for like 6 hours ....

2 hours in...i should prob drink some of that beer I opened earlier...
3 hours in... I think I'm hungry...
4 hours in I should really go grab that beer...and yeah I'm hungry...

Now..... ears ringing... beer not drank and I still haven't eaten dinner.

Lol! Happy Friday finally drinking this warm beer ha.

Just running through AB's updated amp pack for 10'00 on my AX8

GF keeps asking mentioning films I might be interested in watching

Stock answer has been "Nope, not interested"

Dont think it's going down well, but I couldn't care less as enjoying playing too much!

Someone came up with the term 'guitar widow'. Don't let it get that far ;)
Um ya... I know I'm in trouble when my wife brings me a dinner plate....

That happened last night and I knew I crossed the line LOL!!

Was a good dinner and helped me get through the preset I was working on.... JK. I did quit and put some work into my marriage ;) ;)

Someone came up with the term 'guitar widow'. Don't let it get that far ;)
That's OK. Beats the hell out of 'video game widow'. It's art in the making.

Incidentally everybody, all i'm hearing in ii vs iii (amp to amp) demos is a tiny bit more gain and top end in the iii. Does that sum it up pretty well in person as well, or are there other factors in difference between ii and iii tone performance?

Last edited:
That's OK. Beats the hell out of 'video game widow'. It's art in the making.

Incidentally everybody, all i'm hearing in ii vs iii (amp to amp) demos is a tiny bit more gain and top end in the iii. Does that sum it up pretty well in person as well, or are there other factors in difference between ii and iii tone performance?
I said it in another thread: you can't judge it by just audio... You need to play it and feel the response, too.

Reactions: Ole
There's more than added gain and top end. You can dial in those things on either platform.

The character of the gain has changed. You can better hear individual strings in a chord. There's more dynamics, even on clean tones. And there are other changes that I can't quite put my finger on.

Q10 has done a lot to close the gap, but the gap is still there.

The character of the gain has changed. You can better hear individual strings in a chord. There's more dynamics, even on clean tones. And there are other changes that I can’t quite put my finger on.

Oh damn, that explains a lot for me. With the 2, I was constantly dialing down my gain so I could actually hear the chords articulate, but with the 3, I’ve been cranking the gain, but my chords sound really clear anyway. And here I thought I was maybe playing better or something.

Back
Top Bottom