Saw these poweramps at NAMM and am intrigued.

That IS rather interesting! :eek:

I still don't trust anything dealing with audio to behringer tho.....midi stuff maybe, but audio, still no. I would try it if I saw it in a store, but there are too many reliability and quality issues associated with the name for me to buy on just specs :/

and they forever shall never get a chance? I have several behringer mixers and never had an issue with any of them. probably made in the same factory / town as all the other stuff made in china.

I know behringer isn't top quality but I thought it was a cool concept. When I first saw USB on them I got excited thinking they had a USB input on the back I could plug the AXEFX into but it was just the front that you plug into your computer to control it. They are cheap for a reason but I might have to try one from musicians friend or something on the 30 day trial just for fun.

I never said they won't get a chance, I said I'd try it if i saw it. Can't be closed minded about gear.

However, I have seen most behringer stuff here go bad quickly, produce bad audio quality, add lots of noise etc.
Good budget stuff, but not for me. Granted, ANYTHING can go bad....even axe fx's sometimes go bad, but that's few and far between. EVERY behringer piece of equipment I have every known has had some failure or just produces so much noise/low quality audio that is consider them unusable. Just my 2 cents.

I'd still try them for the hell of it tho.

I rarely just summarily write off a brand, but when it comes to BEHRINGER you simply couldn't give me any more of their 'JUNK'. It's not even worth my time.

I have had good luck with small Behringer mixers, and their comps/gates aren't bad for the price.....

But anyone who I've seen/heard that are using their Power Amps....the amps just did not put out the amount of volume they should, for the amount of watts they claim to be putting out.
For the price and noted features....I would love to believe. But I'd need some serious convincing before I'd rely on a Behringer Power Amp.

I've never owned any of there stuff but I know it always has a bad rap but those poweramps caught my eye while I was walking by. It's a pretty cool idea that I'm sure a better company will put something like it out. I'd love to see a poweramp designed for modeling processors that has a USB input on back.

That IS rather interesting! :eek:

I still don't trust anything dealing with audio to behringer tho.....midi stuff maybe, but audio, still no. I would try it if I saw it in a store, but there are too many reliability and quality issues associated with the name for me to buy on just specs :/
I'm no snob and I own some Behringer stuff, but low and behold every single bit of it is MIDI. ;)

I heard great things about their truth monitors and they sounded about on par with a lot of the stuff I was demo'ing. But then again I wasn't overly impressed with the most of the stuff I was comparing them to either. They sounded a bit bass heavy to me and weak in the mids; could have been my imagination, but I felt a little let down after hearing so much positive about them at the time.

I'm thinking about giving one of the SRC's a go. I've heard great things about them.

Back
Top Bottom