Saw Larry Mitchell

hippietim

Axe-Master
I just got back from vacation in Europe with my son, girlfriend and her son. One of the major highlights was getting to see @Larry Mitchell perform in a very intimate setting at a club in Berlin. I had contacted Larry ahead of time so he can't say he wasn't warned :) We showed up just as he was finishing setup and about to do a sound check. Larry was incredibly cool. Seriously. He was super gracious with his time and even let my son (also a guitar player) and I check out his stunning Knaggs guitar - holy smokes that guitar is amazing.

For this venue, Larry was performing solo to recorded tracks. So his rig consisted of his Knaggs, nylon Godin, Fractal AX8, expression pedal, a tablet, and a small monitor. The tones were fantastic. The Knaggs covers a lot of ground and when combined with the AX8 there were some really killer sounds - from clean to blues to ethereal to balls out rock and roll. The show was fantastic - not only was the music outstanding but Larry also told some excellent stories and the meaning/history of the songs he played. It was really quite a treat to watch Larry play to begin with - then it sinks in and you realize that you are seeing a world class musician in a very cool and intimate setting.

The first time I saw Larry live was probably 5 years ago here in Washington state at a club called Louie G's. He was running The AxeFx II direct at the time and his tones was one of the best I had ever heard. It was incredible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom