Saw Harem Scarem yesterday

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
Went to see Harem Scarem in a local pub yesterday.
Man, these guys still sound great.
Because of the 20th anniversary of Mood Swings, they played most songs of that album.
And guess what....Pete used an Axe-Fx!!
Great guitar player and a very nice guy!!

guitvai1, I had the same light bulb go off at the same show! Jimmy Harris opened for Harem Scarem with his band Heaven's Fire (Darren Smith was their lead singer) Jimmy was using the Axe FXII harmonizer and it tracked so good and Pitch block to down tune his guitar within a song. After that concert and two great guitarist playing FAS Axe FXII I was on a quest.

I just wished HS played my favorite song "Blue" which is a very Queen influenced song.

Yeah I was really impressed by both Pete and Jimmy. I've seen Pete a number of times in the past going back to the Rock n Roll Heaven days and that was the second time seeing Jimmy. Jimmy told me right after his set that he was using his Marshall preamp for his main tone that night as he hadn't fully tweaked out his axe fx yet, I didn't realize that he was using it for effect -cool.

I was on the fence with purchasing the Axe FXII until I saw Harem Scarem playing back in July and caught Pete's awesome tone. (Pete Lesperance for those unfamiliar with his awesome playing). I ordered it the next week. Here is 2 clips from that show.

Harem Scarem - There Was a Time (excerpt), Live at the Rockpile - YouTube
Harem Scarem - Slowly Slipping Away - YouTube

Great band. A band that disbanded way too early. Glad to see they're do'in it again. Thanks for posting the clips, Very cool.

Back
Top Bottom