Saw GNR live in Nashville last night...

barhrecords

Axe-Master
Phenomenal performance. Kicked major ass!!!!

Slash is at the top of his game. So fluid with complete control of the guitar / amp. Stellar. Guitar god performance all the way.

Then entire band was tight raw loud and full of energy.

Slash's signature sound was there all night. He used what sounded like the same Marshall settings most of the night. Guitar volume knob to clean it up. Phase shifter on rare occasion and a wah pedal. It looked like maybe a tech was turning the phase shifter on / off. The only pedals I could see were a couple of wah's on different parts of the stage.

He played mostly on Les Pauls, some B.C. Rich Mockingbirds and Guild double neck acoustic + electric and a Gibson double neck 12 string + 6 string.

So much shredding on the LP neck pickup. It's his thing but really is bad ass live in a loud outdoor arena show.

Phenomenal performance. Kicked major ass!!!!

Slash is at the top of his game. So fluid with complete control of the guitar / amp. Stellar. Guitar god performance all the way.

Then entire band was tight raw loud and full of energy.

Slash's signature sound was there all night. He used what sounded like the same Marshall settings most of the night. Guitar volume knob to clean it up. Phase shifter on rare occasion and a wah pedal. It looked like maybe a tech was turning the phase shifter on / off. The only pedals I could see were a couple of wah's on different parts of the stage.

He played mostly on Les Pauls, some B.C. Rich Mockingbirds and Guild double neck acoustic + electric and a Gibson double neck 12 string + 6 string.

So much shredding on the LP neck pickup. It's his thing but really is bad ass live in a loud outdoor arena show.

I saw them in Washington DC a couple of weeks ago and couldn't agree more with your assessment of the show. Slash's live tone was great, really thick and he played great too as did the other guitar player. I thought Axl was really energetic and put on a great show, and the set list was long. All in all I thought I got my money's worth.

Wow talk about living in a cave! I never even knew they reunited!!! I had to look it up to make sure this wasn't some cruel joke haha

By all accounts, this reunion tour is going really well. Back in their heyday, GNR could be hit and miss, but if you saw them at a peak gig, they were phenomenal. If they're firing on all cylinders for this tour, they'd be a force to be reckoned with.

By all accounts, this reunion tour is going really well. Back in their heyday, GNR could be hit and miss, but if you saw them at a peak gig, they were phenomenal. If they're firing on all cylinders for this tour, they'd be a force to be reckoned with.

My wife saw their summer tour in 91' and said the show Saturday blew that show away.

In 91' they had all the drama, started playing waaaaay after the announced start and Axyl kept having issues and stopping the show to complain on mic.

In 91' they had all the drama, started playing waaaaay after the announced start and Axyl kept having issues and stopping the show to complain on mic.
Yep. That was the all-too-common experience at that point. There were times when they were really amazing. Similarly, I saw Motley Crue waaaaaay back when they first were touring, and they were unbelievable. Within a few years they became the biggest thing in rock, and their concerts become a circus of bickering, and half-hearted (and entirely wasted) playing.

Back
Top Bottom