Saw Creed last night

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
Mark Tremonti signed my original Creed CD from 1997. Life = Complete.

A0o4oRvCUAEXgyn.jpg:large

Indeed! Original lineup and they're playing the first 2 albums in their entirety (one at each show + the hits off the other one). Last night's show was Human Clay + a few awesome tunes off My Own Prison. They were so good! Tremonti was at the top of his game.

I met Mark Tremonti a few years ago and found him to be one of the more grounded rock stars I ever have gotten to meet. At that time a reunion with Scott Stapp was out of the question and he made that quite clear. I guess the money offer for a Creed reunion got too much to turn down. I prefer Alterbridge by far.

I dug creed, earlier the better, like the heavy stuff. still a great voice, dick or not. I feel tremonti is overrated, but good riffs.

Related by degrees of separation I saw Slash last night. Absolutely amazing show, Slash was incredible but I was also seriously impressed with how good Myles Kennedy was live. Very inspiring concert :D

Cheers

Ya saw Creed a couple years ago on last tour and they were great. Some of the daytime morning shows and live stuff on TV and few years back had Scott's voice sounding REALLY BAD. I assure you that live(if voice in shape) he is excellent. "Rain" on live with Kelly and Regis comes to mind as a horrible voiced Stapp. But when I have seen them live(twice), he was dead nuts on. The band always sounds tight. Creed is a favorite of mine and even though there are a lot of haters or closet lovers out there, they always do it for me.

I'd go to see the band, I just haven't ever really connected with Stapp. I know he's a good singer, he's just got too much of that post grunge "yarl" vocal style for me to listen to him for too long. I love Alter Bridge, though. And I know they aren't very far removed from Creed, but Myles Kennedy is many echelons above Stapp as a vocalist for my own preference. I'm going to see Slash next month and I'm really looking forward to that. The last time I saw Slash live was in 1988 with GnR and I've never seen Myles live before.

I have never seen them but I like the stuff that they have done. I will admit that Errrrr of Scott's voice get's a little annoying.

I much prefer Tremonti's other projects, but having said that I've seen Creed live a couple of times and enjoyed the set quite a bit.

Creed was a band that just spoke to me on their first couple records. I had just started playing guitar when My Own Prison came out, so it was a huge influence. I know people say Tremonti couldn't do all the fancy shred stuff back then, but I was always a big proponent of his lead work. There are some really subtle things that say, "This guy can really friggin' play and is holding back" on Pity for a Dime and several other tracks. It was amazing to see them live, finally, and meet most of them.

I went to school from '99-'02 at Florida State University in Tallahassee(where they met and started). I started on the Human Clay album because it came out in 99 when I arrived. Loved it. Bought the My Own Prison album after that, and then the 3rd album came out in '02.

Never got the Eddie Vedder correlation.

I related to their sound and the lyrics were actually deep instead of trying to be cool. The newest album is KILLER. I can understand people talking shizzy about Nickelback more because their lyrics are definitely built for hits. Again...I like Nickelback too. But not in same league as Creed for me.

Tremonti seems very cool and so does Scott Phillips the drummer. I ran into Phillips at Floyd's Music Store(club in Tallahassee) a week after a big MTV live show. I complemented him on a job well done and we chatted for a bit. He seemed very genuine and interested in my band too.

"Inside Us All" is a great tune that most haven't checked out because it wasn't a hit. Listen to it...it's off the Human Clay album.

All those "shred" youtube clips are hilarious.....check out Eddie Van Halen Shreds!

Related by degrees of separation I saw Slash last night. Absolutely amazing show, Slash was incredible but I was also seriously impressed with how good Myles Kennedy was live. Very inspiring concert :D

Cheers

Saw Slash in St. Louis here earlier this month. He was AWESOME...if you're going to see 1/5 of G'nR, he's the 1/5 to see. As for Myles Kennedy, I think he's awesome. I really like Alter Bridge far more than Creed. More accurately, I really like Alter Bridge, and I really do NOT like Creed. Stapp just was a little...much.

Mark's a good guitarist. I hope this Creed reunion thing doesn't get in the way of more Alter Bridge. I much prefer listening to Mark's work in AB.

Back
Top Bottom