Saw a tribute band last night using Kemper

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
Saw the Bon Jersey, Cold as Ice, Aerochicks show last night at the Showcase in Foxboro. What a great club to see a show at, the stage is big, the sound system is fantastic and not a bad seat in the house. The Bon Jovi guitarist was using a Kemper direct to FOH. I was with about 4 or 5 other guitarists and all of us were in agreement...................yuck. His profiles sounded really processed, and way to scooped for what Sambora uses. His talkbox was great and his acoustic sound was great but his gainy profiles....no thanks.
The Foreigner guitarist used a 5150III stack and his sound blew it away. The Aerochicks used Marshall DSL's and their sound was much better to our ears as well. The Guy doing Sambora was a great player too, so it was a little disappointing. This is the first time I've seen a band live using modelers and so far.............. not impressed.
Showcase books all Tribute bands now so I'm hoping someone comes in using Fractal so I can check that out as well.
Overall great show though, the guys doing Jon Bon Jovi, sounds better than what John does now, all the over 40 women in there last night were whooping it up LOL! If you are a fan of any of those bands check them out if you can, it was a fun night for sure.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great show! Some of these bands that do tribute shows are really good. The Fab Four shocked me the first time I saw their show, made me think how hard it really is to not just play the music but cover the look of the band too. Entertaining!

I've never played on a Kemper, but having played on the Axe Fx for about 5 years now I would love the chance to do so. I'm sold on the Fractal (this being my third unit), but would like to wring the Kemper out for myself to see what is hype and what is real. Who knows? Maybe the guitarist will wander in here and decide to do this with a FAS product!

Back
Top Bottom