Bug? Saved Parameters Change After Power Off / On

sprint

Axe-Master
Any ideas?

My "Tempo to Use" setting is "Preset" but even after saving a preset at 120bpm it will revert to 30bpm after a power off / on.

Your signature says there's a HD500 in the mix -- could that be setting the tempo on power-up? Or is it disconnected when you see this behavior?

So I keep coming back to this. Looks like, when I use more that 7 or so modifiers, the preset starts to corrupt even though it's only at 85% cpu. Lately, in addition to losing my tap tempo preset setting after power off/on, I'm also sometimes losing the control values in the send and return blocks (send level and mix level go to 0). Also, with send/return, I'm losing the global block links (after power off / on they are "unlinked" after being saved with setting to a global slot before power off / on). I'm using a lot of blocks in these type presets but it seems to be the number of modifiers that throws the preset into a tailspin. I'm using AxeFx II-mk1 on latest fw.

You're probably exceeding the preset file size. One sign will be lack of repeating 00 bytes toward the end of the file. A few users have posted about this before.

Are you using a tone match block? That seems to be the easiest way to run into the issue.

You're probably exceeding the preset file size. One sign will be lack of repeating 00 bytes toward the end of the file. A few users have posted about this before.

Are you using a tone match block? That seems to be the easiest way to run into the issue.

Thanks - will check for lack of 0s at end of file. No tone match used but many blocks.

So I keep coming back to this. Looks like, when I use more that 7 or so modifiers, the preset starts to corrupt even though it's only at 85% cpu. Lately, in addition to losing my tap tempo preset setting after power off/on, I'm also sometimes losing the control values in the send and return blocks (send level and mix level go to 0). Also, with send/return, I'm losing the global block links (after power off / on they are "unlinked" after being saved with setting to a global slot before power off / on). I'm using a lot of blocks in these type presets but it seems to be the number of modifiers that throws the preset into a tailspin. I'm using AxeFx II-mk1 on latest fw.
5 modifiers is the limit! Less is more stable. 6 is iffy! This has been discussed before. It is independent of the CPU usage. More a MIDI limitation. Although others will say there is no limit per the manual, 4 or less is stable.

5 modifiers is the limit! Less is more stable. 6 is iffy! This has been discussed before. It is independent of the CPU usage. More a MIDI limitation. Although others will say there is no limit per the manual, 4 or less is stable.

I'm not sure any of this is accurate or relevant to the thread, which sounds like a preset size limit. Any number of modifiers (up to the actual limit of 24) should save and recall fine if the preset size limit isn't being exceeded. (Sluggish modifier response can result from high enough CPU usage, but that doesn't seem to be what the OP is describing.)

I'm not sure any of this is accurate or relevant to the thread, which sounds like a preset size limit. Any number of modifiers (up to the actual limit of 24) should save and recall fine if the preset size limit isn't being exceeded. (Sluggish modifier response can result from high enough CPU usage, but that doesn't seem to be what the OP is describing.)

I'm tending to think preset size is the culprit also as I have simpler presets with 8 modifers that run ok and more complex presets with 8 modifiers that start to lose info after power off/on (ie tempo). None of these cases are cpu related (all less than 90% at all times).

Slow modifier response is not a part of the issue I'm having. The only time I've encountered slow modifier response is when cpu is maxing (92/93%).

So I'm going to chalk this up to max'd preset size due to excess preset complexity and avoid trying to have too many options in one preset even if cpu permits.

Thanks for the input.

Not sure either but, I had similar problems which went away when I reduced the # of modifier assigns. What is controlling the modifier also might affected how many can be used.

I'm tending to think preset size is the culprit also as I have simpler presets with 8 modifers that run ok and more complex presets with 8 modifiers that start to lose info after power off/on (ie tempo). None of these cases are cpu related (all less than 90% at all times).

Slow modifier response is not a part of the issue I'm having. The only time I've encountered slow modifier response is when cpu is maxing (92/93%).

So I'm going to chalk this up to max'd preset size due to excess preset complexity and avoid trying to have too many options in one preset even if cpu permits.

Thanks for the input.

Let us know if that works!

Back
Top Bottom