Save Tone Match source frequency response with TM preset

Krakadon

Inspired
Not sure if this has come up before, I looked and couldn't find a thread.

Can the source frequency response for a Tone Match be saved as part of the preset? If not, can this be added?

What I mean is, if an individual captures a source frequency response from a source audio file and matches the EQ to their target, let's just say a Les Paul Custom and posts their patch on Axe-Change, why can't I just use my guitar as the new target and TM to my guitar? Why do I need to go find a new source which makes it a different preset anyway? Or am I missing something?

Has been brought up before & would be a very useful feature. Don't know why it can't be implemented.

I understand the use case for what you're talking about, but I have to admit I found it a bit funny. A common complaint with earlier/lesser modelers is that they make everything you plug into them sound the same. Not saying this feature wouldn't be useful, I just thought it was sort of ironic...

Why not the possibility to save it "next to" presets like you can do with an IR? (user cab)
That would be pretty neat!

It is a good idea for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately the actual response data is quite large and would require the equivalent of dozens of presets of storage.

The limitation is a bummer but it makes sense. I like barhrecords' idea (if I understood it correctly). Maybe the frequency response can be shared not as a part of the preset but as a stand-alone file thus providing the same capability, if it could be loaded of course, as if it were included in the preset.

I understand the use case for what you're talking about, but I have to admit I found it a bit funny. A common complaint with earlier/lesser modelers is that they make everything you plug into them sound the same. Not saying this feature wouldn't be useful, I just thought it was sort of ironic...

This is a good point but I'm not too worried. There are an infinite number of tones to match. Besides I've TM'ed Metallica's Sad But True like 15 times and they all sound different.

Back
Top Bottom