Wish Save preset/scene from mfc

acidfrost

Inspired
Hey,

Would be nice if there was a function to save presets from the mfc.

Let's say you're jamming and your preset has the delay off by default, you turn it on with the mfc, but when you'll switch back later in your set you want it on, you could save the preset as is with your feet.

Not sure if saving while playing would cause a hickup or not. Hope not.

You can do that. Just enable the SaveEditsSwitch in the Setup menu. Then, when you are playing a preset and you change an IA switch, the Edit LED will blink. Press edit and the state of the IA switches are instantly saved.

I'm not using that for performance (in fact, I'm going to disable it because I could make a mistake), but it is great for making a bunch of new presets ... you don't have to go through the IA menus to set initial states.

Oh, it might depend on if you are talking about a MIDI based IA or a AxeFX based one. I use MIDI mode only and it works the way I describe. AxeFX, I don't know about.

But does it save it to the mfc or back to the axe? When you recall a preset it recalls it from the axe no?

It saves the switch states to the MFC-101. When you re-select that MFC-101 preset it will send the IA Switch states to the Axe-Fx resulting the the effect blocks being on or off as you expected.

Cool! But how do you reset it to default after your set? Because the axe preset and mfc preset will be different.

To clarify, this is only for IAs that are not assigned to AxeFx functions (ie. set to NONE)... You are saving the IAs initial state (on or off ). Once saved that IA state will remain that way for that preset on the MFC until you change the state and save it differently.

Now for IAs assigned to an AxeFx function, they always receive their state from what is saved in the preset on the AxeFx.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom