Closed Save and load individual Amp blocks Into individual slots A-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save and load individual Amp blocks instead of A-D. Essentially you could have a single Plexi amp saved as a block & load into slot A & then load a saved fender amp into slot B, etc. I think this would give more flexibility in building presets instead of it saving A-D of a saved amp block.

So you mean save the channel of a block instead of all 4 channels, essentially asking for a "Channel Library" as a sub to the "Block Library" ?

Yes, That’s a better way of putting it. Thanks! Sometimes I want to mix & match amps I’ve saved in different presets, but in order to do that I have to pick a preset with a channel or 2 I like then recreate the other channels from a different preset to complete the new one.

So the question is why hasn't it been implemented yet?
Probably because it would be hard to do... But also might be based on priority.

There is no concept of a channel without block so I'm not sure how it would be solved.

I like the idea, though.

For now... Using the editor, you can copy any channel to your 'clipboard', and then past that channel to any channel, in any preset.

Probably because it would be hard to do... But also might be based on priority.

There is no concept of a channel without block so I'm not sure how it would be solved.

I like the idea, though.
You can copy a channel to clipboard and paste it into another like-type block. That seems like there is not only the concept of it without a block, but also an already-encapsulated chunk of data and all of the functions needed to collect it and insert it, and ensure it is the correct type of block that it is being inserted into. All that's needed is a way to take that data and save/retrieve it. Maybe a different filename extension like ".cnl" or something like that to disambiguate it....

For me personally, when I save something to the block library, I'm really only interested in saving one channel. It's pretty rare that that I'll want to retrieve all the channels together later into a block. In other words, I have little use for a block library...it's a channel library that I need. It's a pain to use the clipboard to get a single channel out of the block library.

In fact, what I always have to do when saving a block is: in the name of the saved block I have to say which channel in the block is the one that matters. By saving all 4 channels in to the library, retrieving it can become a real chore if you don't know which one of the four channels is the important one.

Last edited:
For me personally, when I save something to the block library, I'm really only interested in saving one channel. It's pretty rare that that I'll want to retrieve all the channels together later into a block. In other words, I have little use for a block library...it's a channel library that I need. It's a pain to use the clipboard to get a single channel out of the block library.
I think both have their places and uses, really....

You can copy a channel to clipboard and paste it into another like-type block. That seems like there is not only the concept of it without a block, but also an already-encapsulated chunk of data and all of the functions needed to collect it and insert it, and ensure it is the correct type of block that it is being inserted into. All that's needed is a way to take that data and save/retrieve it. Maybe a different filename extension like ".cnl" or something like that to disambiguate it....
Yeah, I guess I can see it that way.

Even though it's a subset of parameters of a block obviously the copy/paste via clipboard does have to keep track of all the same data.

I'm mostly in the same boat... But not always.

I tried this but it didn’t work. It still overwrote all 4 channels. I could be copying from the wrong spot... can you clarify what you mean by copy to clipboard? How exactly? Sorry if it’s a simple thing I’m overlooking.
thanks!

I tried this but it didn’t work. It still overwrote all 4 channels. I could be copying from the wrong spot... can you clarify what you mean by copy to clipboard? How exactly? Sorry if it’s a simple thing I’m overlooking.
thanks!
Then you copied the block not the channel.

In the editor you will need to right click on the channel area over on the left side. You will get a drop down for various channel copy/paste operations. That's how it works for Axe-Edit so I'm assuming FM3-Edit is the same.

In the editor you will need to right click on the channel area over on the left side. You will get a drop down for various channel copy/paste operations. That's how it works for Axe-Edit so I'm assuming FM3-Edit is the same.
Beat me to it.

Does FM3-Edit have this context menu on the Channel?
Screenshot%202020-07-29%2008.39.45.png

If so, click "Copy Current Channel to Clipboard" and go to the preset/block/channel you want to paste it into, and click "Paste Clipboard to Current Channel", and you should be in business....

Beat me to it.

Does FM3-Edit have this context menu on the Channel?
Screenshot%202020-07-29%2008.39.45.png

If so, click "Copy Current Channel to Clipboard" and go to the preset/block/channel you want to paste it into, and click "Paste Clipboard to Current Channel", and you should be in business....

Awesome! Thanks

[/QUOTE]
Awesome! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom