Save a scene to scene of another preset?

L

luke

Can you for example, take Scene 4 from preset 12 and save it in preset 10 as Scene 2?

no. scenes are just a record of the settings of the blocks and scene controllers etc. in your preset. it would be meaningless to copy the settings without the blocks

no. scenes are just a record of the settings of the blocks and scene controllers etc. in your preset. it would be meaningless to copy the settings without the blocks
It's really not the settings. It's the on/off and channel states only. The settings are the same on all scenes.

You can't just simply copy and paste a scene from one preset to another.

But sometimes it is possible to get this done. It's at least a little more possible with the Axe-Fx III because of the 'channels' feature, more block instances (possibly?), and more CPU. But you have to manually copy and paste all of the blocks and or specific channels used in that particular scene, into the other preset, and setup the new scene, but It can be painstaking, even when it's possible.

I've done this a few times for some clients. You would have to supply the two preset and info on the scenes needed to make the final determination.

Last edited:
You can't just simply copy and paste a scene from one preset to another.

But sometimes it is possible to get this done. It's at least a little more possible with the Axe-Fx III because of the 'channels' feature, more block instances (possibly?), and more CPU. But you have to manually copy and paste all of the blocks and or specific channels used in that particular scene, into the other preset, and setup the new scene, but It can be painstaking, even when it's possible.

I've done this a few times for some clients. You would have to supply the two preset and info on the scenes needed to make the final determination.

Yes, but to be clear to the OP: this is not really copying a scene. It's rebuilding the setup of a preset scene in another preset.

Thats a bummer. I was hoping you could copy a scene from a preset to a different preset.
That doesn't make any sense, unless all all the presets had exactly the same blocks located at the same position. Otherwise you would destroy the other scenes at the destination preset

You can copy/paste the blocks very fast from one preset to another, just using Control- C/Control-V. But copying the entire scene is meaningless

Thats a bummer. I was hoping you could copy a scene from a preset to a different preset.
The only way to do something like this is to create the Scene then save the Preset to a new location. If you're wanting specific settings of a channel, save the block to the Block Library and add the block to the other preset. You can also copy and paste individual channels between presets.

I believe a lot of confusion stems from not understanding the terminology yet. Once the difference between Scenes, Presets, Channels, Layouts and Snapshots are understood, as well as their functions, it all seems to make sense.

Back
Top Bottom