Savage 60 in the FM3

Hi all,

maybe this will be helpful for some of you :)

I own a real Savage 60 and wanted to have the same tone in my FM3. How to get it? It's quite easy.

AMP model -> ANLE SEVERE 1 (the one with more lower midrange)

then make these adjustments:
--
authentic -> set the controls as on your amp, but the overdrive gain. This I need to set half way in FAS if I have it full on the Savage. This is because I have the boost on the real AMP set OFF.
I also like to set the depth in the FM3 to 0. The Amp doesn't have a resonance/depth knob, but a depth boost switch. This adds too much bottom end for me, so I like it switched off.
ideal -> bright switch ON
preamp -> low cut -> originally it's set to about 460Hz which makes it super tight, but the real amp has more looseness to the bottom end, but is still tight, go down to around 60-80Hz here
power amp -> power tubes -> change to EL34 as my amp is EL34 one
speaker -> impedance curve -> Recto Large (as this fits my cab resonance the best). Play a little with the low res Q factor, frequency and the value to mimic your 4x12
speaker -> impedance curve -> load box UK (as I was using the TwoNotes captor 8 for capturing, otherwise compare with the real amp and 4x12 when you need the absolutely precise curve or just leave this alone at all)
input EQ -> center around 2k Q .707 some 7dB boost. This adds this nice clarity and pick attack to the tone that it was missing.
--

Now if you're using the hi-range suppressor on the ENGL, you can have a similar effect with the high treble control on the ideal page. Otherwise all my settings were absolutely the same as on the real amp that I'm using for rehearsals.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Just a small note on the settings. The input eq boost is not needed that much. I used the bright switch with a 820pF value on the bright cap. To achieve more agression, boost 2k @ 7dB and 4k @ 3dB with a Q=1 in the output eq of the amp block.

Back
Top Bottom