Satriani using an Axefx in the studio?

Damo60

Looks like an axe to me?

b471xc.png

I read an interview in a guitar mag recently that talked about the gear he used to record the album. There was no mention of Fractal, but he talked about the different amps that he used....

Nahh, saw Vai here in Copenhagen months ago. I were front row and his Carvin boxes had nooo sound. All went FOH.

Reactions: Ole
Nahh, saw Vai here in Copenhagen months ago. I were front row and his Carvin boxes had nooo sound. All went FOH.

You're absolutely certain of that? If this is correct that would be a very very surprising event. Vai is very close with Carvin, not just the brand, but the ownership as well. He swears by them. Vai is a huge tone-a-holic and has literally hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars worth of rare vintage rack equipment in his studios.

If he switched entirely to an Axe FX II for all of his tone my mind would be blown for days.

Ohh year, saw Todd Rundgren here in Copenhagen a year ago when he "endorsed" Line6 with a meager 2x12" combo with no ins or outs and schredded the house via FOH. All presets was tricked from the desk. It could have been Line6, the Axe or any other. Aint we tricked....

Back
Top Bottom