Satriani Preset Update

Can I get a quick how-to get these blocks over to the ax2, thanks
Find you Axe-Edit blocks folder (Settings > Preferences... in the Workspace section it'll list it there). Save all the .blk files in a sub-folder under that folder called Satriani.

Restart Axe-Edit.

Fill the grid with blocks according to what you see the screen shots.

Now in the lower left corner, when you select any block type in the grid you can find the corresponding block defintion in the "Blocks Library" pull down. Pick the Satriani-<block type and number> from the pull down for each block to recreate the preset.

Now in the lower left corner, when you select any block type in the grid you can find the corresponding block defintion in the "Blocks Library" pull down. Pick the Satriani-<block type and number> from the pull down for each block to recreate the preset.

Not at home now to try but, if I do this with the saved blocks and then export the preset from AxeEdit, can I reimport it as a new preset that is native for AxeFxII MkII and not need the saved blocks any more?

Not at home now to try but, if I do this with the saved blocks and then export the preset from AxeEdit, can I reimport it as a new preset that is native for AxeFxII MkII and not need the saved blocks any more?
Yes. But not much point in that once you've built and saved it from the block.

I just did a drag and drop block by block into the UI and connected them. Pretty fast that way.

Where's the wah? Any tips on intended usage? Are the amps supposed to be X/Y or combined or what? Sounds pretty good so far...

no the amps are not x/y check out the pics I posted on the first page of this posting. In the future I will post more pics for future preset uploads to make it easier to use on the other axe fx models. I did recently have to adjust the main out level on both the amps they were off a little. I use scene one as satriani's clean channel and scene 2 as his lead channel. If you ever seen Satriani live he always keeps his distortion pedal on even when he is playing clean and he rolls back his volume knob hence why he has a high pass filter know on his volume control on his Ibanez JS models so he can retain the tone without it becoming muddy. Any questions or request on this preset don't hesitate to ask. I am glad everyone is liking the preset

Yeah that makes sense. I tend to do the same with my presets for getting a clean tone. I actually don't know how to use scenes yet, haven't opened that can of worms :)

Would be cool to see a wah setup in here, and a compressor (surely he uses one....?) Didn't watch that rig rundown yet though so I could be full of shit.

Back
Top Bottom