Satriani Preset Update

Electric1Gypsy

Inspired
Ok so, I updated this preset again using firmware 2.02 I also include a improvisational piece using the preset on my Sound cloud account. The main rhythm parts were recorded using scene 1 and the lead parts were recorded using scene 2. Now about the preset, there are only two scenes on this preset, the reason being is that Joe normally has two main settings. One with drive on and one with drive off . He mostly uses the volume knob to roll back the volume on clean parts when he plays live. Obviously in the studio it is a different story.

Anyways this preset is based on live performances as well as a premiere guitar rig video here

Scene 1 is a clean channel, drive on or off per taste. I prefer drive on then roll back the volume knob. The second scene is the lead channel, drive off, I usually turn on the drive if I really need it to scream, but normally off. The pitch block is based off of Joe's song "Why" it sounds best on scene one. The octavia drive block is based on a live version of Joe's sound when he was playing Cool #9 on a live performances.. This update includes the latest Marshal JS410 amp orange for the lead scene, and I use the Brit JM45 amp for the clean channel for scene 1. I wish the JS410 clean channel was include in the new update. The Chorus block is based on Joe's song "Circles" but that is with a mix of around 50.0%, I normally keep it around 20.5% in general.

If you look at the pic I included I have the looper below the main path, what I usually do is move it up, record the loop, and then move it down after. I have it running through the mixer so I can control the volume better, the live sound is much better with the looper below and not part of the main path, I brought this up before, and some say that it is just a volume difference having the looper in the path but if you try it you can tell it is much more than that. At least from what I hear, anyways I hope you guys like the preset.

Enjoy

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4150

Satriani.png

Satriani2.jpg

Last edited:
Click Upload a file.

Attachments

• Reply_To_Satriani_Preset_Update___Fractal_Audio_Systems_Forum.png
    Reply_To_Satriani_Preset_Update___Fractal_Audio_Systems_Forum.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 91
Unfortunately I use an actual Vox Wah pedal, it is the only pedal I use outside of my Axe FX 2 XL although I haven't tried using a controller for the wah on the Axe Fx. Maybe one day, but I have noticed a lot of players who use the Axe FX system seem to still favor and use an actual Wah. Me personally I think it is more about the feel, the noise, of an actual Wah pedal that adds to the character of the sound you get when using a Wah based on my experience. I have tried and have used a majority of them for the last 25 to 30 years. The Wah pedal is by far my favorite pedal. But the is just my opinion maybe a debate is in order lol.

Damn you XL users!! o_O:p
Wish some amazingly talented software programmer could come up with an app that could convert from XL presets but from what I hear its maybe not possible.

Oh well just need to keep paying for therapy. :rolleyes::D

Back
Top Bottom